Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Riddens!!!

Angry Good Riddens!!!

Labor Day! Hooray, now I`ll finally get some peace and quiet around here...

why oh why did I have to move to the jersey shore...

thank sweet Jesus the summer is OVER and the BENNY`s and the PENNSO`S are going home... thank you thank you thank you!!!

+1
    Sorry, but the reason they are all over the roads today is NOT because they are going home.... Actually, I sent them all invites to your house saying there was a FREE beer and food party! Hope you got the grill warmed up!!

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    Sorry, but the reason they are all over the roads today is NOT because they are going home.... Actually, I sent them all invites to your house saying there was a FREE beer and food party! Hope you got the grill warmed up!!
    I have no respect for you any more kawi lover...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    I have no repect for you any more kawi lover...
    Ouch... Kinda funny though... No matter how much we all disagree, We all cant wait for the BENNY'S to go home. I went to Belmar with Jen last Sunday night and the ammount of trash on the beach almost made me cry... It looked like someone dumped out a bunch of garbage trucks.. Truely sad...

Quote Originally Posted by Inkaddict View Post
    Ouch... Kinda funny though... No matter how much we all disagree, We all cant wait for the BENNY'S to go home. I went to Belmar with Jen last Sunday night and the ammount of trash on the beach almost made me cry... It looked like someone dumped out a bunch of garbage trucks.. Truely sad...
    hey TJ, I hear ya, how`s about some assclown from NY tossing a diaper out the window on the blvd by the marshes...

+1
    hey TJ, I hear ya, how`s about some assclown from NY tossing a diaper out the window on the blvd by the marshes...
    Woulda been awesome to get his plate, have a police officer friend run it, and mail it back to him with a note... It truely is discusting how disrespectful our visitors are to our beaches and water. I dont get it. Belmar has a garbage can every 10 feet.. litterally, and theres more garbage around it than in it.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Labor Day! Hooray, now I`ll finally get some peace and quiet around here...

why oh why did I have to move to the jersey shore...

thank sweet Jesus the summer is OVER and the BENNY`s and the PENNSO`S are going home... thank you thank you thank you!!!
    what the hell is a BENNY and a PENNSO?

I`ll finish the topic with this:

we had a marina close before the summer, the economy put him out, and the state took back the property bc the waterfront was leased, ok, as soon as the guy removed his tiki bar and small building that was up on pilings, the very next day there were campers and winibagos staying overnight on the empty lot...
    within days there was garbage all over the bulkhead, MOST were from PA, and occupied the fishing and crabing all season long, the campers came and went and the place went to shit and became unsafe to leave your car there and use the ramp, very seedy people hanging about from other states...
    fckn NICE... right up the street from my house...

I blame NJ, for advertising to come here to vacation...
    the state is going to use the parkway commision money to revitalize the once marina and bulkheads to attract out of staters to come and fish...GREATTTTTT.....

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    what the hell is a BENNY and a PENNSO?
    Go ahead explain that one to him. I'll be in the corner eating some pasta.

+1
    Its even on Wikapedia....

Benny is a derogatory term used by the often angry residents of the Jersey Shore to describe tourists from more northern cities, specifically New York City and its immediate suburbs. The term is predominantly used by locals from the towns of Ocean County and Monmouth County.

The origin of the term remains the source of some debate. It has often been described as an acronym for the names of the cities from which most bennies originate: Bayonne, Elizabeth, Newark, and New York. Although New Yorkers who travel south to the Jersey Shore are the most prominent target of the term, the equally ill-mannered tourists from the northernmost stretches of the state are just as likely to be referred to as a "benny" if it becomes apparent.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information