Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Chewed up a rock and nicked the vains

is here anything i can do i let a friend take my fzs out and when they got back it was cavating and the top speed was of buy 4 mph and it was hitting the rev limiter.....when i got it home i looked in and saw a chip the size of an erasor tip missing from one of my vains and the leading edge or the prop a little chewed up too......i called him that night and asked if he sucked up anything into the pump and he said..... some rocks but it's NO BIG DEAL......i called him an asshole and hung up.......well what do i do to get this fixed ?????? do i need to replace the pump ?????

man sorry to hear that, but there are a thousand threads about friends riding friends ski`s and what can happen... is your friend going to pay for the repair?
    post some pics and see what the damage is... how`s the bottom of the hull, if he was that close to pull in rocks i`ll bet he hit bottom as well...

Quote Originally Posted by petros the plumber View Post
    is here anything i can do i let a friend take my fzs out and when they got back it was cavating and the top speed was of buy 4 mph and it was hitting the rev limiter.....when i got it home i looked in and saw a chip the size of an erasor tip missing from one of my vains and the leading edge or the prop a little chewed up too......i called him that night and asked if he sucked up anything into the pump and he said..... some rocks but it's NO BIG DEAL......i called him an asshole and hung up.......well what do i do to get this fixed ?????? do i need to replace the pump ?????

I think you should never talk to your friend again nad never let anyone ride you ski even if there are pro's ...

i told him what he did and the damage that he did to the pump and he just laugh and said oh well......the more i think about it the madder i get....well the damaged is done what can i do to get it fixed

i told him what he did and the damage that he did to the pump and he just laugh and said oh well......the more i think about it the madder i get....well the damaged is done what can i do to get it fixed
    post some pics and let`s see the damage, I`m sure others will chime in and tell ya what needs fixin`...

i need to get a friend to come over and take some pic and post them for me....i'll do that as soon as i can.

+1
    if you need a stock prop I have one cheap just shoot me a PM

Not a real friend...

If this is true then this person is not your friend, sorry but that is just the truth. Even if a friend were to not understand the whole PWC thing he/she should be capable of realizing that what they did upset you and at least feel compassionate (aka not laugh and say w/e). Ideally, a real friend would offer to pay for it assuming he/she has the means to do so or at the least apologize profusely. Just my 2c.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by NaptownKawi View Post
    If this is true then this person is not your friend, sorry but that is just the truth. Even if a friend were to not understand the whole PWC thing he/she should be capable of realizing that what they did upset you and at least feel compassionate (aka not laugh and say w/e). Ideally, a real friend would offer to pay for it assuming he/she has the means to do so or at the least apologize profusely. Just my 2c.
    I was thinking the same thing. When I let a friend use my "other" ski, I am always on the same ride and they understand they are responsible for repairs. I never just loan my skis.

i think this is it/Users/Petros/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2009/Sep 9, 2009/CIMG0239.JPG

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information