Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Are 09 RXT-X tunnels ok?

I have good prices on a 08 RXT-X and a 08 RXT. The RXT-X was at a real good price for me but then I started reading about the tunnel failures on those hulls. So now I am stuck with the 08 215hp RXT. Did they fix the tunnels in 09? Should I check on the prices for the 09 RXT-X or would I be stuck with a failure prone tunnel on the 09 also? I really can't go touring around the lakes and florida bays with my wife on a ski that will sink at any moment. The RXT will meet my needs but the RXT-X was only a couple hundred more.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ZX11 View Post
    I have good prices on a 08 RXT-X and a 08 RXT. The RXT-X was at a real good price for me but then I started reading about the tunnel failures on those hulls. So now I am stuck with the 08 215hp RXT. Did they fix the tunnels in 09? Should I check on the prices for the 09 RXT-X or would I be stuck with a failure prone tunnel on the 09 also? I really can't go touring around the lakes and florida bays with my wife on a ski that will sink at any moment. The RXT will meet my needs but the RXT-X was only a couple hundred more.
    I would wait and get a 2010 RXT-X 260 with the new S3 hull. Bad ass material with NO fiberglass cracking issues, better hull, better inside hull access.

As a tunnel failure victim, I wouldn't want to take the chance and deal with this nightmare again!

+1
    Is there any proof the new hulls are better?

Let's wait and see,because the new yamaha fz series also suffer from pumptunnels cracking.

I'm not convinced that the s3 hulls are stronger.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by richrxp View Post
    Is there any proof the new hulls are better?

Let's wait and see,because the new yamaha fz series also suffer from pumptunnels cracking.

I'm not convinced that the s3 hulls are stronger.
    Just go look and feel one, totally different material and feels extremely hard to me!

Well I see internal changes between 08 and 09 as were all aware of but the hulls are still the same I believe. I sure hope the S-3 hull proves to be a great strength hull. I think Sea Doo should start engineering the hulls with a specific wave jump height in mind and build the hulls accordingly. With all their technology you would think building a great hull would not be rocket science. I will be watching the reviews carefully this up comming summer to see how their holding up. Hopefully by that time we will get some word on possible hull applications for two seater models for 2011.

+1
    Only time will tell with the S-3 hull, hell the way BRP has been hitting homeruns (ceramic washers, tunnel cracks, overstuff) lately, maybe the cup holders on this one wont keep your drink cold.

you should have went ahead and got the T-X, same hull as the one you bought.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    Just go look and feel one, totally different material and feels extremely hard to me!
    That's what she said........

I agree with JT......the RXT-X 260's S3 hull is constructed with different material than all other previous hulls. Plus it's smooth to the touch....no more getting fiberglass rash if one rubs up against it.

I guess the question is, "can the new hulls be repaired easily if they develope a breach/hole?" ... Ron

+1
    More here on the S3 hull design...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information