2008 SeaDoo RXT-X, 87H pump tunnel cracks

Ah darn I think I got the dreaded tunnel cracks. Tonight as always at the end of a weekend I checked out my tunnel among other things. I found some new scratches that look more like those spider cracks I read about.

I removed the intake grate so I could feel them and get as best a pictures as I can. You can definitely feel them and they are all connected. I cleaned up the area and took some pictures.

I bought it this June 09 brand new in the crate though its an 08. I ride it nearly every day. I have never let it out of my site and no one drives it without me planted on the back seat. I do not jump waves. I have ran it in chop on the bay and occasional larger waves from passing boats but you can't really avoid them all. I do however run it fast. I come out of the hole fast, and run it WOT often, but that's the entire point of an RXT-X is it not?

I am pretty pissed that I may not get my other 13 hours in before the other dreaded expensive SC rebuild/Checks before having to turn it in.

I honestly am afraid to take it out till I know. I can swim well enough, I just have a fear of being stranded in the gulf or bay. I will shit my pants if it sinks on me.

So here are the pictures I guess I will take it in to the dealer this week and pray if they are cracks that they cover it under warranty witch I have 5 years.

I am very glad I found this site otherwise I could have sunk in the gulf never knowing about these cracks. BRP certainly never sent me a warning or advisory. I know everyone who rides these things will not know to inspect for this.

Anyway here are the pictures. Only one of em appears to be a scratch rather than a spider crack.

+1
    Several threads about this here; use your search tool
    and from what I am hearing lately the dealers are repairing them,
    so I think BRP is aware of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    Several threads about this here; use your search tool
    and from what I am hearing lately the dealers are repairing them,
    so I think BRP is aware of the problem.
    Yes thank you. I guess I did not state my intentions correctly. Do those look like tunnel cracks that all the other posts are about? I was looking for opinions from people with more experience with this sort of thing.

They are very small in width but do "spider" off a common area.

+1

YEP those are the cracks!

Quote Originally Posted by jbh02 View Post
    Yes thank you. I guess I did not state my intentions correctly. Do those look like tunnel cracks that all the other posts are about? I was looking for opinions from people with more experience with this sort of thing.

They are very small in width but do "spider" off a common area.
    Here's my story, see post 1 and then around post 27+ for the fix.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=90784

See the How to section for tunnel reinforcement info and procedures.

Bottom line is, you can lay carbon fiber or fiberglass in the inside of the hull yourself, but it's NOT enough - the spider cracks in the tunnel water side have to be delt with. Unfortunately, a professional fiberglass company is the only sure bet and will cost losts of $$$$ if your dealer or Seadoo won't fix it.

I highly recommend you install a bilge pump. See the How to section, "How to: Bilge pump, Groco strainer, 4" Kanaflex install".

Good luck!

Thread Information