Silicon Hose S/C Set-up

I am considering installing Silicon Couplers / Tubing for a better radiassed/flowing bend from the 'X'-Charger Inlet to the second bend and along the right side of the Hull where the Kanaflex continues onto the Filter.

Was wondering if anyone has done a Flow test (Danny ?) for using either...

1) 4">>3" Tapered 90' degree curved section of Silicon Hose attached to the S/C Inlet on the 3" end

.... or using

2) 4" 90' degree Curved Silicon Hose comming out of the S/C utilizing the R&D S/C 3"-4" Adapter with it's nicely radiassed Inlet edges

Which set-up is preferred ? (and why)

Thanks in advance to anyone who has done this set up and can provide comprehensive info. on the best method.

Silicon Hose angle pieces and clamps are from:
    http://www.siliconeintakes.com/

David

... nobody has done this ?

Quote Originally Posted by David_HX_RXP View Post

2) 4" 90' degree Curved Silicon Hose comming out of the S/C utilizing the R&D S/C 3"-4" Adapter with it's nicely radiassed Inlet edges

Which set-up is preferred ? (and why)

Thanks in advance to anyone who has done this set up and can provide comprehensive info. on the best method.

Silicon Hose angle pieces and clamps are from:
    http://www.siliconeintakes.com/

David
    David, number 2 is the perferred method with the R&D adapter and silicone intakes hoses and clamps. The thing you have to be certain of is not to let the silicone elbow rest on the drive shaft bellows or you will sink the ski. I used a 4" silicone coupler off the R&D adapter to move the assembly back off the bellows. Then I used a 4" aluminum coupler into the 90 deg elbow and it works fine...little tight on space but works fine.

.... exactly my thoughts on set-up as well.

Going this route partly because I already knew the 3" RIVA Intake Tube sat directly on top of the Accordion Carbon Seal Boot and when the engine flexed on the motor mounts during acceleration it would push down against it and allow water to squirt through the interface between the CRing and SSteel Support Ring.

Strange thing is.... I went to the Kanaflex Tubing and still get about a quart of water inside the Hull after every outing,, no idea from where (????)

I suction pump it out, tilt the ski down on the trailer w/ the 3rd. wheel collapsed, then wipe the bilge dry to be sure I start dry, but every time I return from an outing I get another quart. I might temp. clamp off the Siphon Tubes just to see if that "Quart" is the residual that the Siphons can't evacuate, or if there might be a lot more w/o the Siphens.

Will watch my BPump outlet carefully.

--DvD

Thread Information