Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    95spi w\factory pipe/96xp Diggler's Avatar

587 with factory pipe

HELP
    routed everything the way factory pipes directions say to. Jeted accordingly to there sizes. well it seems to have "WAY" to much water being dumped into it, and will not go over 5800rpm in flat water. I tried to tune the headpipe screw and it never changed anything. I feel its either hanging up on the ecwi or just to much water to the pipe. I put a t fitting after the ecwi filter to bypass some of the exsessive water routing into the head pipe and wow Ive never heard this thing screem and go any faster than it went the other day. Still not as consistant as i want it. Also the way they set it up is with their own t fitting in one of the lines for a stinger right after the pipes jacketed outlet. wondering if maybe i could put a flow valve in 2 different spots or just one of those cheep adjustable knobs to fine tune it. ANYONES HELP would be great. this is a practice ski for me and hope to step up to moding my xp800 as long as I dont break the spi.
    Last edited by Diggler; 09-08-2009 at 11:57 AM. Reason: spelling

Factory Pipe ADVIcE

any advice would help. has anyone had to ignore the way they claim to run the water lines on anything or just put a water bybass on any yamaha, kawi, seadoo's anything realated can help point me in the right direction, please dont just ignore this because im just running a 587.

I have a factory pipe wedged into the GTS hull on a """ Stock""" 720 the water injection uses a restrictor.

have you contacted them at FFP

what I cant tell is what you are saying you ran the hoses the way they FP directs you then you did a by pass. First you dont need a bypass. Then when you start to tune it disconnect the ECWI solenoid and set it up for just enough water to make the pipe not sizzle when you splash water on it. Then set up the ECWI to give you the best midrange hit you can get. But I havent even seen a 580 in years and cant really tell you much. You may need a better impeller the original on some dont work well with a pipe and are over pitched.. Hopefully someone with more experience on the 580 will hop in

yes i routed the hoses the way fp claims to for a 580. i have a skat trak 13/18 swirl on it which is what they claim to run on a stock 580 so i dont believe it is over pitched. since this weekends "trial run" with a T fiting to bypass or dump out some of the water, which I was very hesitant on doing because I feel im breaking rules and risking engine troubles if i push its limits, I was very surprised to hear how much it gained RPMs, it's just that it is not consistant, only when I cross the lake and travel through rough water where its unloaded more than calm water. somthing is not right. the actual outlet through the hull for exhuast has like 2 stingers one small and one big. had a friend over and tried to figure ok does water go in or out from these lines. The expansion chambers outlet has a jacketing and fp runs a t off a line for a stinger on that. 580s head is different from like what most are used to seeing on a 650or 720 with 3 big hose inlets outlets. the tuning screw on the headpipe never changed anything even when fully closed and I only tried closing it all the way for a brief moment which i know is not what you should ever do on fp's

contact guy at micro touch. have to put in a restrictor before the solenoid. believe its a 120 carb jet. was told the high pressure will keep the solenoid open. just give gary a call at micro touch. he is helping me with my factory pipe setup.

Factory Pipe on 587

ok i did read that is something you might have to do. How come they wouldnt just include the restrictor jets in the kit or do some engines respond a little different to the ecwi. When it does respond and rev up i can just here the nice ping sound. when its loaded up and at WOT it doesnt have that sound. Can i just get those jets anywhere or are they particular ones. i will contact micro touch. also i run a stock waterbox, would an aftermarket possibly help?
    thanks

usually they are just main jets,,, But get the right size they recommend

factory pipe tuning

when you say wedged in there, did they not really desighn the pipe to fit so you made it fit ? lol that looks like a gsx if im correct? also when you first did your run after installing it did you have to do the same or did it respond good to the setup. If you ever looked at the pipe for the 580 its really goofy looking and has what they call a "center-bleed design chamber. also how did you mount the sloinoid and filter because in thier pictures, its like fitted right on the head pipe. i didnt mount mine like that and im just wondering if the extra hose length between water injection point and solinoid can cause a lack of responce, instead of directly up to the head pipe

Quote Originally Posted by Diggler View Post
    when you say wedged in there, did they not really desighn the pipe to fit so you made it fit ? lol that looks like a gsx if im correct? also when you first did your run after installing it did you have to do the same or did it respond good to the setup. If you ever looked at the pipe for the 580 its really goofy looking and has what they call a "center-bleed design chamber. also how did you mount the sloinoid and filter because in thier pictures, its like fitted right on the head pipe. i didnt mount mine like that and im just wondering if the extra hose length between water injection point and solinoid can cause a lack of responce, instead of directly up to the head pipe

The motor is actually far from "stock" the 720 pipe is based on the XP hull

so fitting in the 3 seat GTS "yacht" even though a big ski, it is very tight quarters under the seat. it requred some glass grinding and a small dent to be made.

I had a motor builder do the base set up for me before the package was shipped,, It does surprise people on the water.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information