Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

RXP-X - More Supercharger?

I'm kicking around moving my X charger and injectors over to my GF's 06 RXT to give her a bit of performance boost. What would be the most powerful supercharger I could put into my 08 RXP-X while using the stock ECU and no RRFPR? Like could I put in a Rude I and 50lb injectors and be safe? Another combination? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by jarrett View Post
    i'm kicking around moving my x charger and injectors over to my gf's 06 rxt to give her a bit of performance boost. What would be the most powerful supercharger i could put into my 08 rxp-x while using the stock ecu and no rrfpr? Like could i put in a rude i and 50lb injectors and be safe? Another combination? Thanks in advance.
    why no rrfpr? Think that when you start runnig big chargers stock ecu....its a must,might be wrong but most run them for the extra fuel thats needed.

The riva XSC upgrade with 50# injectors. Riva advertises that as a safe setup.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP-REX View Post
    The riva XSC upgrade with 50# injectors. Riva advertises that as a safe setup.
    The RIVA set up is safe. The idle AFRs are rich and the WOT AFRs are on the rich side. With a RRFPR added the idle will be lean like stock and you can set the WOT AFRs to your conditons. If you decide to go with a RRFPR, you can safely run SCers up to a ET-EX with 50's and stock X ecu and have safe/good AFRs. Another way is with a RUDE controller instead of a RRFPR. You will still need to have a way to monitor the AFRs, too.

Can you get away with a Rude1 on the X ECU and 50# injectors?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    The RIVA set up is safe. The idle AFRs are rich and the WOT AFRs are on the rich side. With a RRFPR added the idle will be lean like stock and you can set the WOT AFRs to your conditons. If you decide to go with a RRFPR, you can safely run SCers up to a ET-EX with 50's and stock X ecu and have safe/good AFRs. Another way is with a RUDE controller instead of a RRFPR. You will still need to have a way to monitor the AFRs, too.
    Hmm, what's a Rude controller? Not familiar with those. Did a quick search on the store and didn't see one.

Alternatively, I was thinking what if I got a SeaDoo Centre stock ECU remap to work with a specific aftermarket SC and injector setup. Is that feasible without the RRFPR setup? Just wondering how well it will idle like that.

Quote Originally Posted by RXP-REX View Post
    Can you get away with a Rude1 on the X ECU and 50# injectors?
    That's what I am wondering as well. From the little I've read it seems that the Riva X upgrade and the Rude 1 SC are similar in what they put out.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    The RIVA set up is safe. The idle AFRs are rich and the WOT AFRs are on the rich side.
    Is that a typo, did you mean idle is rich and wot is lean? If it is rich at idle and wot, why not just run some #48s?

Jarrett,

A rude "fuel" controller is just that it controls the fuel for your ski. A while back RUDE made these controllers and they are a GREAT set up for our ski's . If you can get one, I would highly recommend doing it, it allows your skit to be properly tuned "throughout " the entire rpm spectrum.. Not jsut idle and WOT. Many people ar running around on rrfpr's and they are only tuned for WOT or maybe a WOT and a "kinda" tuned to idle ok as well. I'm not aying it can't be done--it obviously can and is being done but these set ups by definition would be very hard to get set up as well as you could with a RUDE fule controller.

Now here's the catch... the guy that used to know how to tune these controllers passed away to my knowledge. There is pretty much ONE guy that not only KNOWS how to tune these controllers "perfectly" but also can tune them for jsut about ANY combo. For instance.. I have a stock ecu 60#ers, and an X charger. NO regulator. My ski was tuned to a "T" meaning that every 500 rpm increments my ski is running exactly perfect AFR's and a VERY safe WOT with a super smooth Idle.

The guy you need to talk to is Cal Hartline, his tag on here is HighPSI I beleive. He knows the tuners inside and out--and for you-- would be ideal solution because you could run a Rude2, 3, or ET whatever, with pretty much wahtever injectors e.t.c. and be tuned perfectly.

Why take chances on our motors?? Get a RUDE controller , Get the SC you WANT, get in touch with Cal and or DUKE (his tag on here is DUKE) and they will hook you up.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    Is that a typo, did you mean idle is rich and wot is lean? If it is rich at idle and wot, why not just run some #48s?
    No typo. If you run the RIVA X upgrade wheel the way RIVA tells you to run it, your AFRs will be safe. They tell you in the GH store how they ran the X-upgrade safely with 50's only on the X ecu. Changing or modding past what RIVA recommends, you are on your own. You will need to monitor your AFRs to be sure you are safe.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    Hmm, what's a Rude controller? Not familiar with those. Did a quick search on the store and didn't see one.

Alternatively, I was thinking what if I got a SeaDoo Centre stock ECU remap to work with a specific aftermarket SC and injector setup. Is that feasible without the RRFPR setup? Just wondering how well it will idle like that.

That's what I am wondering as well. From the little I've read it seems that the Riva X upgrade and the Rude 1 SC are similar in what they put out.
    SeaDoo Centre maybe able to get it close, if they custom mapped one for your mods. I have a SeaDoo Centre ecu that was supposed to mapped for 60's, RRFPR and ET-EX. My AFRs were way off and I mean way OFF. So, I would still check your AFRs with any ecu that you use.

It maybe close with a RUDE1. I just don't know anyone thats tried it yet and put up some AFRs numbers up on an X ski.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information