Through hull exhaust and pro series blockoff relusts.

Just got my supercharger back from Race Tech yesterday after the heavy duty clutch kit install, so was able to get the ski back in the water. Adds were the Riva through hull exhaust and the pro series block offs. The block offs fit perfectly, very quality job by Riva. The trim ring for the exhaust is black now with silver laser etching and the Riva logo. I have no pump wedge. Rpm and speed before these two mods were 8300-8350 @ 75.3 after the mods 8400 and 76.1. I had no proposing on top end before and have no porposing now at any trim setting on top end. I have read some of you porpose with or without the wedge when running the performance block offs. The exhaust note is narly but not anoying. Absolutely love the exhaust sound! The ski tracks over wakes and waves much better but doesn't turn quite as aggresively as with the opas. Ski does feel much lighter. As long as the clutch holds up I'm very happy with the ski now. Will try the 81 mm ring but think I've pretty much got the ski dialed in.

+1
    If you want the ski to turn aggressively consider getting a set of aftermarket sponsons. Properly adjusted the sponsons will make a much bigger difference in turning than the OPAS would and without the danger caused by the OPAS paddles.

Richard

Question about the Riva Pro series sponsons. When I ride in the ocean I always get seaweed stuck behind the sponsons. Could it be that I dont have tight enough to the hull? And could this create drag?

+1
    Sea weed finds a way to get stuck just about every where...especially the 'eel grass' type. Once you finnd the setting you like to run at, try putting some silicone sealer between the sponson plates. It may help keep the weed out.

Richard

Thread Information