Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

This takes the cake! SICK of this happening!! WTF

Soooo I see a clean GPR millenium on ebay (classified ad) with 80hrs and a trailer needing a top end rebuild for 500 obo!! I called the guy and said what do you want for it? He says- $450 cash takes it. I said "ILL TAKE IT" and aksed for his paypal info to send a deposit and told him I was going to send a deposit immediately. I then went to send him the deposit. I had a problem with my paypal account that delayed sending the deposit by about five minutes. (I somehow had a negative balance of -.21 that I had to restore before I could send payment. No biggie).
    JUST as I'm about to hit "send money" he calls back and says he just took a deposit from someone else. WTF!! This happened within a span of 5-10 MINUTES!!

A year ago, there was an XPL on this site fs. I worked out a price over the phone with the seller and said "im going to the bank tomorrow to get the $$ and Ill come down this weekend" he did not ask for a deposit. I called the following day and said "I have your cash, when do you want to meet up" and he said he sold it an hour earlier.

I have had this happen three or four times total in the last year and Ive lost out on some great deals because of it.
    Im fed up. Why cant anyone keep their word? If I was selling something, someone was arranging to send a deposit or payment, and someone else called in the meantime, I would say "The ski is pending payment, Ill let you know what happens".

Do people have no courtesy?
    Seriously, WTF!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

bc people are doosh bags...

Ive had it! I am so pissed over this I cant even describe it!

Quote Originally Posted by twelvesorbetter View Post
    Ive had it! I am so pissed over this I cant even describe it!
    I know it`s hard, but just suck it up and live on...
    it`s not like you needed a kidney and there was one sold out from under ya...
    yeah it blows...

+1
    Send a Posy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    it`s not like you needed a kidney and there was one sold out from under ya...
    yeah it blows...
    LOL

sucks losing out on a great deal. If it was the first time it had happened id say o well.. but this is easily the third or fourth time it has happened and gone down the same exact way.
    This time it was just ridiculous. It sold out from under me in the time between hanging up the phone and clicking 'send money' on paypal.

People just have no courtesy.

Im glad I posted. Hopefully people will see this and realize its f'd up to double deal on people. I dont care if someone offered me $100 more for something. If Id promised it to someone, thats a done deal. Im a man of my word. Guess im in the minority these days!

Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Send a Posy.

I dont even know what that means...

Thanks Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by twelvesorbetter View Post
    LOL

sucks losing out on a great deal. If it was the first time it had happened id say o well.. but this is easily the third or fourth time it has happened and gone down the same exact way.
    This time it was just ridiculous. It sold out from under me in the time between hanging up the phone and clicking 'send money' on paypal.

People just have no courtesy.

Im glad I posted. Hopefully people will see this and realize its f'd up to double deal on people. I dont care if someone offered me $100 more for something. If Id promised it to someone, thats a done deal. Im a man of my word. Guess im in the minority these days!
    reality, people reading this aren`t going to give a ratts ass...
    retarded shit happens all the time, you/we just have to learn to avoid it...

How do you avoid it? It just happens.
    I just expect a certain level of courtesy from people... Should I just expect people to be douchebags from now on?

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    reality, people reading this aren`t going to give a ratts ass...
    Absolutely true! But im on a rant here.

kfjdkvnerkgnrgkngkdg!!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information