Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Now thats hot

+1

Unhappy Now thats hot

Welll. I tired...... Took the ski to the launch, started it up. It idled at 1550-1600 rpms in the water . a lil high but not a big deal at this point so I continue on and with my dog(zora-50lber black lab) we take off and run about 39 secs or so. WOW, This thing really moves.instant jump start, awesome mid ,great high. I'm impressed. So I spin er around and start back and take off quickly and it hooks up great. come back down the little line i took . no more than 1 min 45 secs or so.total... and then i could feel it starting to struggle! oh noooooooooooooo. << with dog in my lap. We were close to shore so I shut er down and We floated to shore. Phew. Made it. I knew better than to go too far on the first trial run with it.
    Next time i will get a infared temp gun and check at the dock whats goin on next time.
    anyways...I lift the hood and OMG,, smokey non gas smelling smoke comes out of the hull. I'm like,,,,your wires are burning up. nah, thats not it. omg look at the color of the center and mag jugs. they are black almost. Damm,,,, along with that side of the manifold is darker than bluer lets just say..
    The rest looks fine. oh yeah, the motor still turns over like before. so not totally cooked. I'll have to take the jugs off and check out thoroughly or,,, I have some jugs here somewhere i could use after a lil honing. I also have a couple extra cylinder heads in good shape i could use also.
    I have the ride on video too all 2:00 of it. I hit 6250 rpms. It was flying you guys! just like it use too. love that deep -V- hull! ok hold your breath, here's the pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new camera pictures and videos 004.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	3.39 MB 
ID:	149681   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new camera pictures and videos 005.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	3.06 MB 
ID:	149682   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new camera pictures and videos 006.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	3.14 MB 
ID:	149683  

+1
    this got hot too.

Hmmmm. what could be the problem/.? I think I may know..I bet I have that little restrictor in the right spot, (just past the fuel rail about a half inch. with a clamp on it) and I have in BACKWARDS. Could that cause this? otherwise ,it idles ok ,takes off great and all is good for 2 mins.lol
    It couldn't be the exhaust part. I checked everything close. no electrical issues. fires right up. great firing at high speed. Fuel routing is good. no leaks..THANK GOD! ,It was HOT in THERE. Be forwarned everyone---it gets REALLY HOT INSIDE THESE SKIS> if something goes askew.
    I bet it's the restrictor. come to think of it sitting here,,i put the big end in first I believe. uggghh! I can't believe I did that. I believe it goes in the opposite way--> which way is right? Need a Pro answer ! please....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	i put my finger thru there.  it was hot..jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	3.19 MB 
ID:	149687  

+1
    I really think you have some kind of coolant blockage up in there. I dont see how running lean would blacken the cylinders like that in a min 45..I did notice that you do not have a flush kit mounted on your cooling rail. How about a pic of the top of the cylinders, an the plugs.

+1
    Is the timing off possibly and cause this? Or when I had the staor off and when you put it back on, It can slide back n forth a little in these slots it has. could that be it? Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
    the Ski is over my buddys house. i cant keep it here.So tomm I will pull heads and jugs and see whats up. until then just a guessing game. it does turn over so. and freely.

+1
    interesting thought there. i mean it could be anything. i dont know about these skis like a tech or a pro guy would and seen enough to know. how would i check for that coolant stuff? i wont see plugs or heads until tomm. it was too hot so i left it alone.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by xplayer2885 View Post
    I really think you have some kind of coolant blockage ...
    Or missing or incorrect cooling hose routing.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    Is the timing off possibly and cause this? Or when I had the staor off and when you put it back on, It can slide back n forth a little in these slots it has. could that be it? Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
    the Ski is over my buddys house. i cant keep it here.So tomm I will pull heads and jugs and see whats up. until then just a guessing game. it does turn over so. and freely.
    Doesnt the stator have lines that you can match up onto the cases? Also do a compression check. Im telling you its prob a coolant blockage. To run like a bat outta hell an over heat that fast, I would think your not getting H2O

Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    +1
    ouch that burns just looking at it

+1
    maybe that too k477, the hose that runs from the intake pickup at the pump . i ran it to the intake coolant rail and the other from the pipe to the only fitting that was left under the engine. cant remeber off hand what that is called.lol

+1
    Doesnt the stator have lines that you can match up onto the cases? Also do a compression check. Im telling you its prob a coolant blockage. To run like a bat outta hell an over heat that fast, I would think your not getting H2O

this makes sense to me. whatcha think everyone? blockage. how would i check?
    remeber i only took the motor out pulled the stator , put er back together and put her in again but in another hull and hooked up original 1995slt wiring for a 1994 engine. would that screw anything up? just a thought. I doubt it.runs the same as my other did.

yeah i guess the staor is fine. forget that for now,,,,

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information