800 grey electrical box, relay?

anyone know if the small black relay box in the corner of the 800 grey electrical box, can be used as a relay for another application. believe its the starter relay, trying to wire in a bildge pump in my 95spx using oem components and wiring from other various sea doo makes and models.
    my interest is if i can use this small relay box with a switch to control my bildge pump. would rather have everything controlled through the electrical box, instead of just a switch hooked to the battery and the bildge pump.
    using the oem relay the circuit would be fused, and should be able to be switched with a simple toggle switch.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by slociviccoupe View Post
    anyone know if the small black relay box in the corner of the 800 grey electrical box, can be used as a relay for another application. believe its the starter relay, trying to wire in a bildge pump in my 95spx using oem components and wiring from other various sea doo makes and models.
    my interest is if i can use this small relay box with a switch to control my bildge pump. would rather have everything controlled through the electrical box, instead of just a switch hooked to the battery and the bildge pump.
    using the oem relay the circuit would be fused, and should be able to be switched with a simple toggle switch.
    just buy an auto bilge from Rule. there is an option for a switch to kill the power to the bilge after riding. saves a lot of hassle

I already have a rule 500. and would like it to be switched on by a relay. and seadoo has the components to do so, just looking for some help on wire colors and designations for either the 800 starter relay or the bildge pump switch for the gtx and xp models with factory bildge pumps.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    The relay you mention is not an extra relay, it is the holder relay. It disables the charging circuit when off to prevent battery drain.

I would wire it parallel with the 7.5 amp VTS fuse in the rear black box, if you must have it cycling with your MPEM. Although if you leave it in the water overnight, and develop a leak...hydrolock city.

I'd put it on a separate switch, myself, fused, but straight off the battery. And use a pump that cycles every few minutes and stays on if it senses a load.

Thread Information