Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Friendly Debate - Which area has the biggest PWC scene?

I'm considering relocating for work and I have a few options. I am weighing the options. One thing I love about the Pacific Northwest is that I live on a fricking lake. I hate that I can only ride a few months out of the year.

So, Florida, Texas, Lousiana folks, who has the most freshwater badass riding?

PS, don't ask, but I have a damn allergy to salt water. It's screwed up, but I get really dry, itchy, red skin. So I have to avoid it to some degree.

+1
    Well, they don't call LA the "Bayou State" for nothing. Really, miles & miles down here. Besides, you'll never have to travel to get to a Mudbug's Rally.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Havasu looks insane...let you know after I make my first visit there. Our lake is much bigger, but being out in nowhere land makes it a really hard spot to relocate to. Great if you're retired and have income and don't mind driving 75 miles one way for sushi.

+1
    Southeast Texas has it all, lakes, rivers, bayous, swamps and of course if your ever cured, the Gulf of Mexico. And we are only about 3 hours from MB.

+1
    Florida has some of the best fresh water riding in the country. We've got the peace river, the St johns river, the kissimmee river, the swannee river and a few others. These are all truly awesome rides. Check out the south east section on the local rides column of this forum and you will see that not only do we have great riding but we have alot of great people to ride with. Just ignore the BS thread.

I wouldnt base where your going to move on only one thing. Make sure you like the area also haha.

+1
    You can't go wrong with Texas or Florida. I would look at the other factors and go from there. Taxes, conjestion, crime, cost of living, and so on. Who ever has the best score, move there.

Anyone know any decent lakes around Houston/Dallas? I have the option of both.

I get moved around, so I don't really care much about crime and stuff. I just want to live in an area where the ski is safe and the water is warm. I don't own a lot of crap, so a simple studio apartment on the lake is all it takes to make me happy.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by x86brandon View Post
    Anyone know any decent lakes around Houston/Dallas? I have the option of both.
    Lots of water around the Dallas area and a pretty good riding group to boot. I think I've heard over 40 lakes is the number. Here is a list of 25 lakes I pulled off a site, I bolded the ones I like most:

Lewisville Lake
    Texoma Lake
    Joe Pool Lake
    Possum Kingdom Lake
    Ray Hubbard Lake
    Lake Whitney/Brazos River
    Arlington Lake
    Bardwell Lake
    Benbrook Lake
    Cedar Creek Lake
    Eagle Mountain Lake
    Lake Fork
    Granbury Lake
    Grapevine Lake
    Lavon Lake
    Navarro Mills Lake
    Palestine Lake
    Proctor Lake
    Ray Roberts Lake
    Richland Chambers Lake
    Sam Rayburn Lake
    Tawakoni Lake
    Waco Lake
    Lake Weatherford
    Lake Whitney
    Lake Worth

Also about 3 hours away is a pretty unique riding experience at Caddo Lake.

Lots of good places to ride around Houston as well though. If I lived down there I would be in the salt, but I think you said you didn't dig that.

Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    Havasu looks insane...let you know after I make my first visit there. Our lake is much bigger, but being out in nowhere land makes it a really hard spot to relocate to. Great if you're retired and have income and don't mind driving 75 miles one way for sushi.
    +1
    Yeah havasu has a nice pwc scene you could say... alot of locals ride at body beach. Probaly the most beautiful and enertaining lake on the west coast. The town lacks alot of stuff, very simple town for a simple life, but has a good community for raising kids. Vegas is the closet city with everything you could want(2hours). Havasu has some awesome offroading too for the winter season.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information