Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Honda F12X not charging battery & only 50 mph at 6lbs...I need some help please

So I went for a beautiful ride in Key Largo only to go through some troubles so I am asking for some help. I left the ramp and there was no problems for like 1/2 an hour then the battery light came on. (Last time this happened I turned off the ski and couldn't get it to turn on again) so I rode it back to the ramp and yes I couldn't turn the ski back on once I turned it off. Soo off I went to Auto parts store and got a battery. Turned on again and went riding for a good 3-4 hours without a problem. Then all the sudden the battery warning light came on again so I went on my way to the ramp (20 miles away) only to find that the instrument cluster just turned off and so did the ski. Never turned on again until like 3 hours later.

Soooo I believe that for the 4 hours on the new battery the ski was just running off the battery. So... what should I look for? Or need to replace?

BTW I put a charger on it it turned on fine.

On a separate note I was only going 50mph on the dream-o-meter and making 6 pounds of boost (factory reads 13) at around 5200-5300 rpms. I recently replaced the wastegate. I had a cut on one of the vacuum hoses so I replaced it. I also had the blow off valve stuck so I freed it and still got the same results so any insight on this will be appreciated. (Could it be that it was acting like that due to no charging system?)

Thanks in advance!!

Hehehehe....So the rectifier regulator was disconnected. Its all wet though so do you guys think thats it??

How to install correctly a bov on a f12x

i read ur post notice u have a blow off valve on ur sky, please i need ur help... i bought an HKS SUPER SEQUENTIAL III BOV i put it on the hot side of the intercooler cuz the cold side is no tight to mount it, i connect the vacum line with a T were the sensor on the air box is located on that vacum line i have the gauge connected to the gauge works but the blow off valve does not work at all please tell me what i have to do to to make it work i also put a boost controller im have it boosting 15psi is that too much for a stock engine thanks for your time

i read ur post notice u have a blow off valve on ur sky, please i need ur help... i bought an HKS SUPER SEQUENTIAL III BOV i put it on the hot side of the intercooler cuz the cold side is no tight to mount it, i connect the vacum line with a T were the sensor on the air box is located on that vacum line i have the gauge connected to the gauge works but the blow off valve does not work at all please tell me what i have to do to to make it work i also put a boost controller im have it boosting 15psi is that too much for a stock engine thanks for your time

Glad to hear you're using this: I plan to keep it much more aggressively up-to-date than has been the case in the past, but don't hesitate to let me know if you find errors or need clarifications.

Quote Originally Posted by manny1212 View Post
    Can you take a picture of where you have it mounted and connected? 15 psi is not too much for a stock engine.

sup man here are some pics

i have the BOV mounted on the hot side of the intercooler wich is the pipe that runs from the turbo to the intercooler and the vamun line is conected with a T connector on the only vamun line the is on the airbox also i have the gauge connected there and it works please help me wiht this thanks for your time man Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10-30-09_2051[1].jpeg 
Views:	355 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	158588

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10-30-09_2052[1].jpeg 
Views:	606 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	158589

Well thats where I have it mounted. How heavy is spring inside the BOV? I had to cut mine....and then put some shims in there. I have mine tee'd into the sensor on the top of the motor right between the throttle body and the red valve cover. Let me check hopefully tomorrow and I'll let you know for sure.

Since season is here I am asking the same question again......

I was only going 50mph on the dream-o-meter and making 6 pounds of boost (factory reads 13) at around 5200-5300 rpms. I recently replaced the wastegate. I had a cut on one of the vacuum hoses so I replaced it. I also had the blow off valve stuck so I freed it and still got the same results so any insight on this will be appreciated.

I build Horsepower
    +1
    do the Nitro test on the Waste gate solenoid.

Shawn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information