Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Seadoo 2011 Engine info (may not be correct)

i was talking to someone regarding the 2010. 260hp models and the person ended up telling me that in 2011 seadoo is releasing a 265hp motor. same rotax 3 cyl. just 265hp. now i'm not sure if this was accurate but the person i spoke with should have accurate information direct from seadoo! weather the person slipped or didnt realize this should be kept under wraps i don't know. just thought id put it out there! since i have heard of meny people wishing for a new 4cyl that puts out like 280! from what ive heard that is not the case

A few HP is not going to make much difference on a ski, since the pumps are less than 50% efficient. Twenty five or 50 hp might make a difference, but not a couple of hp... Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Pooper_Scooper View Post
    i was talking to someone regarding the 2010. 260hp models and the person ended up telling me that in 2011 seadoo is releasing a 265hp motor. same rotax 3 cyl. just 265hp. now i'm not sure if this was accurate but the person i spoke with should have accurate information direct from seadoo! weather the person slipped or didnt realize this should be kept under wraps i don't know. just thought id put it out there! since i have heard of meny people wishing for a new 4cyl that puts out like 280! from what ive heard that is not the case
    if true -> disappointing...

seadoo really need to move on. great engine but it just makes their R&D team look lazy.

Banned User
    there R&D team needs to stop designing stupid shit like shocks and brakes and gps governors and put there time into making a 4cyl motor like everyone else has.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyRXT View Post
    there R&D team needs to stop designing stupid shit like shocks and brakes and gps governors and put there time into making a 4cyl motor like everyone else has.

I agree, but they see it as they are still the fastest sold PWC on the market and why change until it is absolutly needed.

I want a 2.0 with a small 4-5lb SCer so we can have room to snap the necks of the rest.

The engine is already sweet. if they put out an engine that made much more power, they would need to find a new way to slow the skiis down. until they start saying fu to the coast guard and making 90 mph stock skiis...

Quote Originally Posted by o uncola o View Post
    The engine is already sweet. if they put out an engine that made much more power, they would need to find a new way to slow the skiis down. until they start saying fu to the coast guard and making 90 mph stock skiis...
    + 1 make no sense making a bigger motor if they have to regulate them. Will be more expensive for them and also for us

+1
    i think the 3 cyl engines are very smart because of the fact that it's less parts to break, 25% less if we are talking about cylinders. on a rec vehicule it's important to have the least amount of things that can go wrong and it's less to spend if it breaks

Banned User
    +1
    Here's an idea; why not keep the existing engine/pump, and just make the whole thing lighter, and simpler??

Start taking things off that are luxury items. Make the hull smaller, and lighter. The technology is available now. And, the "brain-trusts" at Seadoo know who to do this.

It's time for all the manufacturers to step backwards a bit; both on technology, and price. The average consume cannot afford a $15+ thousand dollar "boat" anymore. Those days are gone.

We need lighter, smaller, and cheaper. You can get away with 200hp, if the whole package weighs 600lbs, instead of the current 800lbs....
    Do you see where I'm going with this?? If not, your rich, and can afford the latest and greatest.
    But, the PWC market is shrinking faster than Al Gore's brain.
    So it's time to start thinking "backwards" a bit. The "less is more" theory applies here.

And I know Tim(Seadoo), and Scott(Yamaha), probably read these threads.....

Edit; one more thing-the average rider is not prepared for the kind of horsepower these 2 liter engines are capable of. I still see stories of people getting "bucked" off, due to "over-stuffing"....You really need some experience under your belt, before you start going over 70 mph. And, if the thing is capable of getting you there in under 6-seconds, you better have your head on straight. Because that's 6 seconds your not going to get back, if things go wrong, and 70mph get-offs hurt....a lot.

+1

Re: Seadoo 2011 Engine info (may not be correct)

The engines hp number is all the rage right now. Seadoo and kawi are playing this game of who can have the most hp. When kawi came out with the 250 so did seadoo in the form of 255. When kawi brought out the 260, seadoo followed suit, 260 also. So if op is right.and seadoo brings the 265 out, pretty sure kawi will follow suit or get pissy and show off a 270 model. I agree with above, make em lighter! No need for cup holders, tilt steering, reclining seats (sarcastic joke), yes we want bare bones boats that haul ass. But suppose the 265hp seadoo goes into the 2nd gen rxp??..... that's what we want!

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information