Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1995 seadoo?

1995 seadoo?

Hi im new to this site and i was wondering if any of you guys could give me some advice. ok so i bought a 1995 seadoo but i dont know if its a gts or gtx since the previous owner took all the decals off. so is their any way to distinguish them?

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by manny View Post
    Hi im new to this site and i was wondering if any of you guys could give me some advice. ok so i bought a 1995 seadoo but i dont know if its a gts or gtx since the previous owner took all the decals off. so is their any way to distinguish them?
    welcome to the Forum!

First you can take a pic and post it. second, What color is the hood? and you can also pull the seat off and take a look at the motor. there is a tag on the back of the motor above the PTO/ drive shaft that will tell you what it is.

im not so sure of how to post pics, but the hood is like a greenish blue color and the engine is a 587

so i figured it out it seems to be a gts. now my question is if their are any mods or any way to make them go a little bit faster?

put a 720 in it. drops right in. have to change electric box.

ok thanxs.
    well im fairly new to the whole pwc stuff so i dont know much but would adding a bigger exhaust pipe make it any louder?

+1
    A 720 would make it faster, but not fast.

Enjoy that boat the way it is, a good stable ride that you can haul chicks on and pull tubes (since it allows for a spotter). Save the money you would waste on mods to a hull that was not made to be fast and put it towards a 951 powered boat. There are a quite a few of the late '90s-early '00s GSXLs, XPLs, RX, and GTXs available for under 3000 now in decent to good shape. Those are boats that are fast to begin with and WOULD respond to mods if you just have to (not that mods are bad, I have a few myself, but be conservative unless you have cash to trash on dead engines for the sake of a MPH or two).

Quote Originally Posted by KrunchovXPL-GTX-RX View Post
    A 720 would make it faster, but not fast.

Enjoy that boat the way it is, a good stable ride that you can haul chicks on and pull tubes (since it allows for a spotter). Save the money you would waste on mods to a hull that was not made to be fast and put it towards a 951 powered boat. There are a quite a few of the late '90s-early '00s GSXLs, XPLs, RX, and GTXs available for under 3000 now in decent to good shape. Those are boats that are fast to begin with and WOULD respond to mods if you just have to (not that mods are bad, I have a few myself, but be conservative unless you have cash to trash on dead engines for the sake of a MPH or two).
    thanxs for all the info i guess ill just spend the money on making the ski look better

+1
    Outstanding.

If it is still oil injected you will want to check the small oil lines for cracks (they like to split right under the clamps and since they are painted and under the air box and carbs it is hard to see until it is too late-as in, a torn up piston and cylinder). Also check that the oil cable is in good shape and not frayed around the ends.

If it still has the gray fuel lines you will want to replace them ASAP. Along with new fuel lines you will want to clean out the carb (there is a small filter on the fuel inlet side that MUST be cleaned out) as well as the fuel valve. There is a thread on fuel systems up above in the stickys. Check it out.

Since the boat is new to you I also suggest that you check/change the pump oil. That is one of the most overlooked maintenance items on a SD. Most casual (ie, they do not work on stuff) owners never even know that there is oil in the pump.

Do these things, and it can be a good boat for you for a while (a running boat, even if it is slow, beats the crap out of one that does not).

ok ill try to change the fuel lines as soon as possible, and as for the pump oil i already changed it when i had to replace the wear ring. so do you think that the fuel lines could be a possibility of why sometimes it smells like gas?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information