Question Question about changing SC clutch washers? Jerry

I am about to change the supercharger clutch washers on my 04 GTX and 05 RXP. Already have the SC's out, just waiting for the RIVA washers to arrive from Jerry. I have a copy of the 08 SC repair manual and copy of the RIVA clutch washer repair manual. Here are my question:

!. RIVA instructions say to clean the impeller shaft with a non-residual cleaner? Can I use brake cleaner? If not what?

2. Seadoo instructions say to coat the inner gear thrust surface, steel washers, needle bearing shaft surface and lock washer with Isoflex grease P/N293550021. RIVA instuctions do not say anything about coating these parts with Isoflex grease but say to coat the supercharger components with BRP 4-stroke oil? Are they both talking about the same thing, one using grease and one using oil? Can I just use the 10-40w motorcycle Valvoline oil?

3. Can I reuse the needle bearing if they do not look damaged or burned? Can I use auto grease or vasoline to hold them in place while installing the drive gear?

4. RIVA says to apply anti-seize on the unpainted area on the engine side of the SC. Can I use normal auto anti-size that you get for any auto store?

5. I need to replace the factory clamps that were removed from the SC inlet/outlet tube since they can not be reused. Can I used the standard gator type clamps that you would get from a Home Depot or auto store?

6. Is there anything else that I should check while the SC is out? Any other parts of the Seadoos that need maintenance or any other suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by bryanw80 View Post
    I am about to change the supercharger clutch washers on my 04 GTX and 05 RXP. Already have the SC's out, just waiting for the RIVA washers to arrive from Jerry. I have a copy of the 08 SC repair manual and copy of the RIVA clutch washer repair manual. Here are my question:

!. RIVA instructions say to clean the impeller shaft with a non-residual cleaner? Can I use brake cleaner? If not what?
    Brake cleaner is fine...just to clean it off

2. Seadoo instructions say to coat the inner gear thrust surface, steel washers, needle bearing shaft surface and lock washer with Isoflex grease P/N293550021. RIVA instuctions do not say anything about coating these parts with Isoflex grease but say to coat the supercharger components with BRP 4-stroke oil? Are they both talking about the same thing, one using grease and one using oil? Can I just use the 10-40w motorcycle Valvoline oil?
    Motorcycle oil is fine here, just initial lubing to check the slip

3. Can I reuse the needle bearing if they do not look damaged or burned? Can I use auto grease or vasoline to hold them in place while installing the drive gear?
    Yes, they are usually reused unless damaged or burned. grease or vasoline is fine to help hold them

4. RIVA says to apply anti-seize on the unpainted area on the engine side of the SC. Can I use normal auto anti-size that you get for any auto store?
    Yes, auto store anti-size is fine.

5. I need to replace the factory clamps that were removed from the SC inlet/outlet tube since they can not be reused. Can I used the standard gator type clamps that you would get from a Home Depot or auto store?
    Yes, gator clamps are what we use...just make sure they are stainless.

6. Is there anything else that I should check while the SC is out? Any other parts of the Seadoos that need maintenance or any other suggestions?
    Nothing other than normal inspection and bearing play.

Thanks for the help.
    x

+1
    Good answers Larry, thank you!

Great guys, thanks for the help

Thread Information