Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Banned User
    +1

2009 World Finals-who's going

Just wondering who is going to be in Lake Havasu this year for the IJSBA World Finals?
    Will there be a GreenHulk booth again this year?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by iflyems View Post
    Just wondering who is going to be in Lake Havasu this year for the IJSBA World Finals?
    Will there be a GreenHulk booth again this year?

I dunno...Jerry needs to chime in on this one. We can man it if jerry wants it.

+1
    trying to figure out if I can afford it right now....Maybe I will hit the streets for a night or 2, nah, i will go broke doing that.....Maybe i can sell a kidney????

+1
    I'll be there, 300mm lens, and a whole bunch of memory cards...

Myself and Mr Judge will be there for sure.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotoys View Post
    I'll be there, 300mm lens, and a whole bunch of memory cards...
    I got the Sigma 150-500mm OS, still looking for a 300mm F2.8 lens, hope to have one by then. You more than welcome to try it out, and see what you can do with it. I've only just tested it, and it's actually sharp at 500mm hand held.
    Will have my laptop in the car to dump my one 8gb memory card.
    Really looking forward to taking some nice pictures this year, but will probably need some guidance.

I'm hoping this year isn't the year with the worse attendance ever...would be just my luck.

I'll be there.

Banned User
    +1
    Seems like there is going to be less people from GH this year compared to last year.

maybe. bad economy right? I wonder what the race line, and booths, and crowd will look like!

Hey, how do you like the Sigma lens? How does it compare to the OEM lens'? I'm looking at lenses now, but not sure if OEM or aftermarket it best? maybe Hydrotoys can chime in!

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubz1 View Post
    maybe. bad economy right? I wonder what the race line, and booths, and crowd will look like!

Hey, how do you like the Sigma lens? How does it compare to the OEM lens'? I'm looking at lenses now, but not sure if OEM or aftermarket it best? maybe Hydrotoys can chime in!
    Since we're in the greatest depression since the Great Depression, I predict(and I hope I'm wrong), that this will be the lowest attended World Finals in history!!

The Sigma is a great lens. It's very well built(the finish scratches off easily, so be careful there), and has nice color/contrast/sharpness, for what it does, and the price.

Nothing OEM comes close to it, for the money. I made some test shots with the Sigma on a tripod at 500mm, F8, and they were nearly as sharp at my Tokina 300mm F2.8!! I say nearly, because I had both shots up on my 30" LCD screen, and was switching back and forth between the two, and they were, for all intents and purposes, identical.

It all boils down to what you are going to do with the lens and pictures. You can spend three or four times the money, but you won't get that back in image quality. You have to be realistic about your expectations from the lens. It works very well. The image stabilization takes about twice as long as a Nikon lens, but, does the job. It's hand holdable at 500mm(try holding the Nikon 500mm VR, it's 21lbs!!!).

Here's a picture I snapped in the backyard of a bird on a wire. It was shot with my D300, ISO 200, F8 @1/500th , handheld, with OS on;
    Original, no crop

100% crop;

It's a hair on the soft side, but look at the wire strands; you can see them clearly. This was perhaps 100 feet away. Also remember, that you don't have to shoot it at 500mm. It's much sharper going back towards 150mm. At 300mm, I could not tell ANY difference between the Sigma, Nikon 70-300VR, Sigma 100-300 F4, and the Tokina 300mm F2.8. All were shot identically, at my "test subjects"(stuffed animals against my fence), and you can't tell the difference.

It's a keeper. Sign up on bing.com(used to be Microsoft live), use their search engine, search for this lens, then scroll down til you see the E-bay sign. Click that, then find the lens, use Buy it now, and get 8% cashback(after 60-days). New, there is only one company selling them for $899 right now, which is $827.08 net(after 60-days). Or, if you can find one used, they average $770. I highly recommend buying one new. If you buy one used, get one that has a serial number of 103xxxx, or higher. The earlier versions had some issues that have since been resolved.

Sorry for turning this into a photo forum....LOL

BTW, still looking for a Sigma 300mm F2.8 Nikon mount, if you know anyone that selling.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information