Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

best low end (hole shot) impeller for GP800R

Picked up a 01 GP800R a couple weeks ago and want to improve the low to mid range. I could care less if this thing goes above 50mph... I want good low end power. I currently have free flow exhaust tube (PVC pipe), R&D ride plate and will be adding JetWorks fcv and rejetting carbs and adding Riva flame arrestors and removing accelerator pump, pump/plate/grate area is all sealed up also.

Currently have the stock impeller. What impeller should I be looking for and does anyone have one to sell me? I'd prefer not to buy brand new. Also will opening up the exit nozzle help w/ low end?

thanks,

Jeremiah

+1
    Compression! Welcome to GH.

Not sure about prop, might be a 12/18 solas depitched to an 11/15? .

+1
    welcome to the forum

YB-CD-13/17 (Concord)

Solas made them for the XL800.

Probably easiest to turn for the 800 engine. If you have sealed the pump shoe and filled the voids, should limit cavitation.

Actually a concord 11/14 is the prop for that ski.. I have a fully ported big bore 66E and there's no way it would be able to push a 13/17 on the concorde series. The 1200 usually use a 12/18 for that matter.

Also Jeremiah you can't just add the jet works to the ski like the 12/1300's. You have to order an adapter from Jetworks. Art from JW's has 2 or 3 left if I remember correctly. The stinger isn't a 2 piece end like the bigger engines. When you add the adapter to the end of the stinger then you can do all the plumbing Also you have to purchase a 2.5" gates hose to go from the new adapter to the water box. There are very few jetworks 800 out there!!

Un cola I see the part number you refered to, I dont know if that works in the newer skies. Its not listed for the 2000 and up. I have never seen that prop used before most use the 11/14.

Thanks for all the replies guys! Cutting my head was also on the list of things to do. I live in Sarasota, is there anyone in this area that can do that?

Scittb, so what is this adapter for the fcv you are talking about? Do you have any pics? I guess I'll call up Art at Jetworks and get one from him.

Does anyone know the jetting for the carbs for when I put F/A on and take the acc pump off? I am currently pre-mixing somewhere between 32:1 and 40:1. Can I run this gp800r at 40:1? I'd like t keep the same ratio as my superjet so I don't have to have 2 different mixed gas cans.

Thanks again for all the help! Anyone got a Concord 11/14 for sale

Jeremiah

When you do buy the adapter, the inlet for the water is 1/4 inch change it to 3/8 its way to small and wasnt allowing enough water to the water box. Dont forget to tap the stinger as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P7180020.JPG 
Views:	143 
Size:	2.78 MB 
ID:	149821   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P7180023.JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	2.46 MB 
ID:	149822  

so is this adapter you are talking about the barbed fitting or is it the big black thing on the end of your pipe? I haven't stared at my 800 engine long enough to recognize what is different between mine and what you have pictured.

thanks for the quick response though!

Jeremiah

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information