my ski has thrust vectoring......does yours??? killcraft's Avatar

pics of my three place trailer build

ok this is not a finished trailer yet but its getting close its been fun. steve from DownSouth Kustoms (757) 232-0740 did a great job on all the welds. the original idea was to use parts from my two old trailers to build a 3 place trailer. what ended up happening is building a completely custom trailer ( due to the condition of the metal on the other trailers) but im so far real happy with it just have the cosmetic stuff to go (fenders,lights Etc.) tell me what you think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00596.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	3.20 MB 
ID:	149815   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00593.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	3.11 MB 
ID:	149816   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00592.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	2.89 MB 
ID:	149817  

Saving the Manuals every day.. TheBlueMartin's Avatar
    +1
    Nice. Keep taking pictures as the build goes along.

ok i ran into a giant snag yesterday when i went to mount the bunks. my garage door is 8ft wide a standard sit down is 48" wide if you add two of those together side by side thats exactly 8ft. i need it to be about 7 and a half feet to comfortably fit through the door as well as not rub the skis together. i thought about making the outer bunk on both sides higher so they will both lean inward but how do i figure out how high the bunk needs to be to get three inches on either side

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by killcraft View Post
    ok i ran into a giant snag yesterday when i went to mount the bunks. my garage door is 8ft wide a standard sit down is 48" wide if you add two of those together side by side thats exactly 8ft. i need it to be about 7 and a half feet to comfortably fit through the door as well as not rub the skis together. i thought about making the outer bunk on both sides higher so they will both lean inward but how do i figure out how high the bunk needs to be to get three inches on either side
    How about placing 1 sit down in the middle at the front then have a sit down on one side and the stand up on the other side at the back?
    I do see 2 other issues that I hoped you addressed. 1 is did you allow width for your tires and fenders to fit through the door and is your axle welded in place or adjustable?
    One other piece of advice. Do a search for a galvanizer in your area. I was fortunate enough to have one local to me and I had mine hot dipped for the same price it would have cost me to have painted.
    Good luck on the build.

Quote Originally Posted by KirkF350 View Post
    How about placing 1 sit down in the middle at the front then have a sit down on one side and the stand up on the other side at the back?
    I do see 2 other issues that I hoped you addressed. 1 is did you allow width for your tires and fenders to fit through the door and is your axle welded in place or adjustable?
    One other piece of advice. Do a search for a galvanizer in your area. I was fortunate enough to have one local to me and I had mine hot dipped for the same price it would have cost me to have painted.
    Good luck on the build.

thats actually a good idea that doesn't require any mods. yes i have accounted for fender width total width of the trailer with fenders is 7.5ft the axle is welded. yes i had thought about a few different paint options. galvanized was one the other was having the trailer line Xed

Thread Information