Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    +1

RXT/GTX with Jim's closed loop plate in the chop

I just put Jim's closed loop plate on my RXT this year and i can tell you it gives results. The ski is faster by no less than 1.5mph and can now whip a 180 and be headed back in the other direction in a split second. I like to ride big surf so this comes in handy. However there is one draw back. The ski is terrifying in 1.5-3 foot chop at high speeds. Especially in busy channels where waves can come from all different directions. It tips side to side and goes airborn at angles. That might sound like i'm crying over spilled milk but at 60 plus and even 70 mph it down right scares the shit out of me. Right now the only thing i can think to try is to remove the 2 degree wedge. I was also thinking about possibly lengthening the strakes on either side of the plate that fade out before the back of the hull or put 2 very short fins on the RE block offs. I don't want the skegs since i like how the ski turns now. Any suggestions?

I suggest we get out on the water together. lets compair rxt's handling etc. Sunday's Nate has off. lets ride

I had the same problem with my p-x when I added a jim's ride plate on it... Fixed the problem with some riva sponsons...

+1
    I added Jim's plate when I replaced the pump shoe and with the X setup and Jim's plate I gained a solid 2.5 MPH.
    I didn't notice a difference off shore with Jim's plate, if anything I liked it better and that is typically all I ride in. I love riding off shore even up to about 4 ft surf. I do have VTS, Riva sponsons, Race Engineering block offs, and RXT-X pumpshoe which is set back 2 inches further so maybe that helps? Oh, and yes, I also have the Riva 2* wedge.

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    I suggest we get out on the water together. lets compair rxt's handling etc. Sunday's Nate has off. lets ride
    I would man but the Raven's home opener is at 1pm and i may have tieckets by then.

Quote Originally Posted by t_hoang02 View Post
    I had the same problem with my p-x when I added a jim's ride plate on it... Fixed the problem with some riva sponsons...
    I really thought about that plus they make the ski look even cleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    I added Jim's plate when I replaced the pump shoe and with the X setup and Jim's plate I gained a solid 2.5 MPH.
    I didn't notice a difference off shore with Jim's plate, if anything I liked it better and that is typically all I ride in. I love riding off shore even up to about 4 ft surf. I do have VTS, Riva sponsons, Race Engineering block offs, and RXT-X pumpshoe which is set back 2 inches further so maybe that helps? Oh, and yes, I also have the Riva 2* wedge.
    I wish i didn't have so much time wrapped up in my rideplate/pump shoe or i would ditch it in favor of the setup you're running. It's hard to judge with your ski since there's so much difference in the setup.

I agree... I really like the way the riva sponsons looks.. nice and clean

the worx sponsons work well also -- they give you 2 adjustments with them also

Thread Information