Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    95spi w\factory pipe/96xp Diggler's Avatar

5 amp fuse keeps poping on 96xp mpem

Ive had a range of answere's givin to me on what this could be, that is why I sighned up here. The machine ran one day and I never shut it off until I got home. I went to use it the next day and it poped the 5 amp fuse, I kept putting a 5amp fue in it and I believe the mpem got hot and now its shot. Ive already ordered a buch of stuff from Dominic at seadooscource. used mpem, cdi box, voltage regulator/ and trigger. anyrhing else I should check before installing these parts?

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Where is the fuse located? if you are talking about the fuses in the front gray box that 5A should be a 7.5A. That is the fuse for your VTS. Id open up the VTS box and have a look. either your VTS motor is trashed or the VTS housing is trashed. I think that you wasted a bunch of money that you didnt have to spend...

96 xp mpem

Its not the black box, I know that the one 7.5 amp fuse there is for the vts. Ive had to replace that one because its poped b4 on me, prolly because the motor is old . im talking about the mpem with all the wires ,15 amp fuse and 5 amp fuse. yeah no power at all to the system when the dess is pluged in. I never hooked up the battery terminals backwards. Im thinking water got inside the mag cover because one of those round freeze plugs started leaking and spiting out water onto that front part of the engine. I went and had my buddy tig weld the pipe up for me. yeah im P/o about it, owell

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    Where is the fuse located? if you are talking about the fuses in the front gray box that 5A should be a 7.5A. That is the fuse for your VTS. Id open up the VTS box and have a look. either your VTS motor is trashed or the VTS housing is trashed. I think that you wasted a bunch of money that you didnt have to spend...
    Nick, that's not right. The 5 amp is in the gray box, just like he said. The 7.5 and the 15 are iin the black box.

Your inductive pickup is shorted, which is why it blew the 5 amp. You should pull the front cover and confirm. Were you casing waves the day before it blew?

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    it has a piece of starter drive metal in the stator,im pretty positive remove the front cover and inspect it closely with a mirror,its most likely a tiny tiny piece.

goodluck

dallas tx

+1
    Not meaning to still this thread but I have the same identical thing happening on my 96SPX. I have nullified all gauges (disconnected) because I thought I had a gauge causing it.Replaced 5A three times now just to have the ski run for a few revs and then they blow this is with no gauges attached. What is "inductive pickup" and where is it located? Where is the stator and how do I get to it? thanks

96 xp pops 5 amp fuse.

Yeah i called a tech support guy and his first answere to this problem was basically a short of some kind, maybe water, what ever in the front mag case. Ive pulled the cover of which sux because the engine mount goes right to it on this 3 piont set up. no biggie just used a piece of wood to support the engine. so wait even the fine particles of warn metal could create a short from the starter fly weel wear . Ive already picked up a trigger sensor but did not buy a new rotor or armature widing. waiting to get the a new/ used mpem from seadooscource.com. mine does not test well for continuity on some of the wires. also i went ahead and picked up a new cdi because that did not test good either. any other feedback i should know?

You should reference this thread...

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ight=rectifier

96xp blowing 5 amp fuse on mpem

Thanks for the referal to that thread. I just read through all of it. Here is another question. when I get me new/ used mpem from seadooscource.com is the timing curve a must to have seadoo program so that I dont hurt my engine. From what I have read since the trigger is non adjustable that you still have to take it in to make sure it is set properly. as far as my stator goes it doesnt seem to show any brown

Yes, he will need to access your timing setting on your old MPEM, and confirm, then change, if needed on your new MPEM. After he programs your lanyard. Make sure they enter your name and address into it too, if it ever gets stolen they may be able to recover it that way. He can also tell you how many hours are on the ski before you/he snatches the old MPEM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information