Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

wavejumping and rpms

i have'nt seen a thread on this subject,but in my old kawa service manual(97zxi 750)there was a chapter section on the internal engine damage, by wave/wake jumping. the pump leaving the water and spinning eractically then back in the water causing "shock" or slowdown of rpms, i like to here from from the" professors" and members what is actually going on and what is the best way to try to prevent long term damage

+1
    Is this for a GPR? Best way to prevent damage is to not do it. It's really hard on the crank, and not good for the rideplate mounting surface. Besides, the GPR is not really an ideal ski to wave jump. Don't get me wrong, I used to do it all the time. But I came to realize the risks are not worth it.

+1

jumping

yes fullboogie 07 gpr,hmm... i surprised you did'nt like this ski for it. being 655 of dry wt. you get more "spring" in you legs and more "air".compared to most skis today (fz- kawa260 etc.)dry wt being 850 and up you can't get a better ski unless smaller and older(97 kawa 525 dry wt.)

+1
    Compared to my old SPX (with all of probably 70 hp) the GPR is a flying pig. As I said, I jumped waves for a while.

define jump, i'll get the plate out of the water on occasion, while i've seen some members here doing true supermans....

+1

jump

plate/prop leave the water ,you could hear the spinning,its something you perfer not to do, but when you rise above the crest completely leaving the water, i don't want to COMPLETELY let off the throttle, you drop down to hard, i'm sure you know what i mean

Geez - if there's much chop at all mine bounces out of the water constantly. I'd have to go along at 1/2 to MAYBE 3/4 throttle to stay completely hooked up.

+1
    worry less, jump more...... hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of hours jumping yamahas and the only crank i ever had go out was my ported boat (never jumped) so i fitted a new crank and now get max air on this one too

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotherapy View Post
    worry less, jump more...... hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of hours jumping yamahas and the only crank i ever had go out was my ported boat (never jumped) so i fitted a new crank and now get max air on this one too
    I gotta agree with that - of course I don't have like $15 grand tied up in mine either. If it quit on me tomorrow I got my money out of it (but I don't think it will). I should leave instructions to convert mine to a casket for when it outlives me.

+1

crank

thats funny(build a casket) i seen wild jumps on youtube(remember my old avatar)ever approach a wave/wake and said NO!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information