Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    6

    2006 Stock RXT - need help

    Hi Guys!

    I own a 2006 stock RXT, and i need your opinion.

    Wich solas impeler should i install in order to gain "hole shot", without loosing (or gain ) top speed?


    Thanks in advance


    Rodri


  2. #2
    YoYamma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    21,581
    +1
    4,795
    Hole shot can be tricky and often requires experimentation. As you can see below, Jerry's shootout proved that the stock RXT (center ski) has outstanding hole shot already—especially for a 3 seater. If you are cavitating you might want to replace your wear ring; this is a common problem and should be checked periodically.


  3. #3
    Doel Tiburon1264's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    2,343
    +1
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodri View Post
    Hi Guys!

    I own a 2006 stock RXT, and i need your opinion.

    Wich solas impeler should i install in order to gain "hole shot", without loosing (or gain ) top speed?


    Thanks in advance


    Rodri
    Rodri,

    Theres a piece of aftermarket call Hydraulic Hand Nozzle Positioning. My friend install it on he's 2007 RXT and took me out the hole in all three runs. I'm going to order one and install. My ski is a 2006 RXT and running 76.1 but my hole shot suck's. If! I want to compete with the Big Boy's at the Hydro in Nov. it would be a must. But like YoYamma stated check your wear ring and see it have some damage.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    Hole shot can be tricky and often requires experimentation. As you can see below, Jerry's shootout proved that the stock RXT (center ski) has outstanding hole shot already—especially for a 3 seater. If you are cavitating you might want to replace your wear ring; this is a common problem and should be checked periodically.


    Hi!

    My ski is completely stock. The wear ring is fine, and the hole shot is good, but i would like to tune it up a little. In your opinion, changing the impeller, is it going to make a diference, worth the investement?


    Thanks guys

    Rodri

  5. #5
    Gus13letter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    8,136
    +1
    822
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodri View Post
    Hi!

    My ski is completely stock. The wear ring is fine, and the hole shot is good, but i would like to tune it up a little. In your opinion, changing the impeller, is it going to make a diference, worth the investement?


    Thanks guys

    Rodri
    For what you are looking for adding the stage 1 components will wake the ski up substantially. You can buy the whole bolt in kit here in the store http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=265

    Or you can search for used components if on a budget and install these items.
    4" Kanaflex air intake (Riva is 3")
    Riva intake grate
    Riva pump wedge
    Solas SRX-CD-14/17R impeller (If you buy used make sure no one messed with it)
    Free flow exhaust

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    For what you are looking for adding the stage 1 components will wake the ski up substantially. You can buy the whole bolt in kit here in the store http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=265

    Or you can search for used components if on a budget and install these items.
    4" Kanaflex air intake (Riva is 3")
    Riva intake grate
    Riva pump wedge
    Solas SRX-CD-14/17R impeller (If you buy used make sure no one messed with it)
    Free flow exhaust
    Thanks for your help Gus13letter!!

    The whole kit is a bit too expensive, but i´m going to consider looking for the items you mentioned.


    Thanks

    Rodri

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 05 rxt need help bone stock bike where do i start!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    By cotton03 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-04-2013, 09:25 PM
  2. Chipped gelcoat in 07 RXT-Need help!
    By steviey2493 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-18-2010, 09:10 PM
  3. Anyone have this setup or similar? RXT, need help ASAP
    By agibbs in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-29-2009, 08:04 AM
  4. new 05 RXT NEED HELP
    By RXPNJ in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 12:16 PM
  5. WTB:2006 Stock RXT/RXP ECU
    By cckeong in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-12-2008, 04:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •