10 hrs service - but haven't reached the hours...

Hi everyone! I have a 2009 Wake Pro 215 that has 7 hrs on it and next week I'll be traveling so I don't know if by the time I return weather will still be good to go out with the ski. So my question is, if the ski doesn't have the 10hrs yet, can you do the 10hr service or it will damage something (performance)?

Thanks in advance....

M

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Birkoff View Post
    Hi everyone! I have a 2009 Wake Pro 215 that has 7 hrs on it and next week I'll be traveling so I don't know if by the time I return weather will still be good to go out with the ski. So my question is, if the ski doesn't have the 10hrs yet, can you do the 10hr service or it will damage something (performance)?

Thanks in advance....

M

You can bring it in now for service, but if you are not going to be riding any more this season, I would just winterize it and then get the 10 hr. service early next season. You'll need to change the plugs and oil and oil filter after the first ride or so of the season, so no real need to do it now. If you plan on putting a lot of hours on the ski before the winter, then take it in now. No need to change the oil before the winter, though some people do, just make sure you winterize properly.

Thanks for your reply! When you say: " You'll need to change the plugs and oil and oil filter after the first ride or so of the season, so no real need to do it now." That is even if I do the 10hr service and winterization now?

Thanks for your help!

M

+1
    Well, after you winterize, you should change the spark plugs because the fogging oil tends to foul the plugs during the first time out of the season. So it makes sense to change the plugs AFTER the first ride of the season, so all the fogging oil is burned off. I don't ride anywhere near as much as some people here and now with 2 skis, i can get away with changing the oil at the beginning of the season and that's it. You want to change the oil at the beginning of the season because you don't want to use the oil that's been sitting in your engine all winter during the summer.

Any way, that's why i suggested waiting to get the 10 hr. service till next season. Are you going to be riding more that like 5 or 6 hours this season? (you can go over the 10 hr. mark)

Have you considered doing your own maintenence? I would have your dealer do the 10hr. just so it's on the record, but you could easily do your own winterization, it's VERY easily. Plus, i'm only about a 1/2 hour from you, i could help you out if you need.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Birkoff View Post
    That is even if I do the 10hr service and winterization now?
    in short, yes, i would.

Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation! Got it! So, unless I do more than 5 or 6 hrs this season I'll wait for next year for the 10 hr service. On the winterization, the dealer is doing it for free for this year so I guess I'll be doing it with them.. next year I'll take your offer!

So, do you ride @ Lake Hopatcong? I went there yesterday at noon... chilli but AMAZING! Had the whole lake for myself. Don't know if tomorrow will be nice, but if so.. maybe we can do a couple of runs in the afternoon (6pm)

+1
    I've been to lake hopatcong a couple of times, it's nice, but I like Greenwood Lake a little better because it's closer to me and a little more wide open. Unfortunately, I'm at school now, so I won't be able to ride tomorrow. I haven't been on the water for a few weeks. I am going to come home at some point so I can ride, but I'm not sure when. If i'm coming out to lake hopat. i'll def. let you know.

IceDragln
    whoa whoa whoa, locals!

I have a 09 rxt-x, Ive been looking for places to ride around here. Im in Parsippany and have been thinkin of taking my ski to Lake Hopatcong.

What are the rules for the lake? Are there speed limits?

I may need help winterizing the skis also, I gotta do more research first.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by IceDragln View Post
    whoa whoa whoa, locals!

I have a 09 rxt-x, Ive been looking for places to ride around here. Im in Parsippany and have been thinkin of taking my ski to Lake Hopatcong.

What are the rules for the lake? Are there speed limits?

I may need help winterizing the skis also, I gotta do more research first.

check this part of the forum for local riding: http://greenhulk.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=178

i can help out with winterizing, it's really simple. if you don't want to try it the first time by yourself, let me know, i'm local.

Thread Information