+1

..From 80.4 to 81.1 from pump wedge and washers...

Gus yesterday we install 2 mm washer at the end of the plate and install the riva pump wedge and the result was from 80.4 to 81.1 the only thin tha do is to lift tha back of the ski of the water .

I wondered about that wedge. I"ve heard that it can cause over stuffing even with the RXP hull. I also read that it wouldn't give any gain at all. I planned on testing it with my RIVA plate to satisfy my own curiosity. This makes me want to try it even more. I don't want to get bucked off at 80mph either. Does anyone know why the pump wedge is not recommended with the RIVA plate on the RXP. Hell if it safe to run and will and adds speed I'm game.

Not trying to hijack your thread. Just want to offer another suggestion. I want to see how fast that ski or yours will go. Please take a look at the pics I've attached. I noticed with the install of my RIVA plate the grate hung down alot lower that with the OEM plate. I removed some material from the mounting surface of the grate to make it sit flush. How does your grate look? While I can't give a back to back comparision because of the weather conditioin we've been having here I suspect that there may be additional speed to be gained here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Before.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	149929   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	After.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	149930  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dduck1628 View Post
    I wondered about that wedge. I"ve heard that it can cause over stuffing even with the RXP hull. I also read that it wouldn't give any gain at all. I planned on testing it with my RIVA plate to satisfy my own curiosity. This makes me want to try it even more. I don't want to get bucked off at 80mph either. Does anyone know why the pump wedge is not recommended with the RIVA plate on the RXP. Hell if it safe to run and will and adds speed I'm game.

Not trying to hijack your thread. Just want to offer another suggestion. I want to see how fast that ski or yours will go. Please take a look at the pics I've attached. I noticed with the install of my RIVA plate the grate hung down alot lower that with the OEM plate. I removed some material from the mounting surface of the grate to make it sit flush. How does your grate look? While I can't give a back to back comparision because of the weather conditioin we've been having here I suspect that there may be additional speed to be gained here.
    dduck we dont like to play with the intake grade we like to keep flush with the ride plate .because went you go 80 and you let the gas go is like you hit a wall in the water lol..and about the pump wedge a dos give you more mile .if you dont want or think someting is goint to happeng dont put that on ..

Thread Information