Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wanna save 20% on your gas cost?

Citgo has a 60 day 20% savings up to $50 per month. There are some requirments.
    Like be approved for their card. Purchases at their pump qualify. Apply before Oct 31st.

After 60 days your savings are 4%.

This showed up just in time my card that allows a 5% savings up to $300 per year has been maxed. Not the balance but return savings. 5% savings card is the Citi dvidend and can be used for gas (any brand), grocerys, and I think it was pharmacutical purchases.

Link for the Citgo citi card. http://www.citgo.com/CreditCash/CITG...MasterCard.jsp

And please pay the bitch off every month. Cause the reason thy make offers like this is to rape you with interest.

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    Down here at the Citgo stations you buy a cash card and the gas is .03 cents cheaper...not that big of a deal but anything counts.

I stopped putting gas there though since it seems that the gas burns faster than the BP...

I have a shell gas card. They give me 5% back on shell purchases and 1% of everything else goes towards future shell purchases.

So far this year I've gotten about $300 worth of free gas. We use the card for EVERYTHING and pay it off monthly or bi-weekly

3 cent per gallon sux. I am talking about 60 cents a gallon if it cost $3 per gal.

5% is good. I have that at any station with the Citi dividend. But only up to $300. Just hit the max rebate. No convenent Shell for me.
    Can you use the Shell card on anything?

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    I hate credit cards man! I stick to CASH!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 06Busa
    3 cent per gallon sux. I am talking about 60 cents a gallon if it cost $3 per gal.

5% is good. I have that at any station with the Citi dividend. But only up to $300. Just hit the max rebate. No convenent Shell for me.
    I have the Citi card too. I would have maxed out if I hadn't been buying gas at Sams club. They don't consider them to be a gas station so they don't give the 5% back on every dollar spent. Wish I looked at my card statements more carefully. Thinking Sams gas was cheap...it wound up costing me more than places where the 5% would have been given.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by 06Busa

Shell is everywhere around here. The lake that we visit most often also has a shell about 10 minutes away so it works out. After the 5% rebate I am usually paying less then arco or other hole-in-the-wall-watered-down-gas-stations.

Yes I can use the shell anywhere, it is a mastercard. The only problem is the 5% is only good on shell gas purchases (1% on everything else). I've been thinking about switching to another card that will give me 5% on ALL gas purchases, but I don't think I currently have a limit, I'll have to check.
    Last edited by Lurker; 08-17-2006 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by way2fast
    I would have maxed out if I hadn't been buying gas at Sams club. They don't consider them to be a gas station so they don't give the 5% back on every dollar spent.

Richard
    They did the same to me till I called them. Card company said it was not showing as fuel purchases. That card was only used for gas and grocerys.
    I told them I would cancel the card if they did not honor the gas purchases.

GeoRXT, I hate them also. But it is a easy way to save a few bucks for something you are already gonna buy. When I get my $300 back this time I will add it to the RXP funds.

Lurker if Shell is all you use, the Citi divedend is 5% any gas station. $300 max rebate.

I only posted this cause the 20% deal at Citgo for 2 months. Just trying to help someone else save a little cash.

+1
    Les say's don't use Shell... And I know of several motors blown because of detonation due to V-P power. I try to use Amoco or Mobil. Sometimes QT.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information