Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Kawi/Yami Needs to Step up the Innovation...

Have you guys seen all the crap seadoo has come out with? They have a new trailer that makes it easier to load and unload your ski. They have all that iS stuff, suspension, 260hp engine, etc.

DOnt get me wrong, I have wanted a black and green 260x for the longest time and I am waiting until a deal crosses my path, but after seeing all the innovation and cool stuff Seadoo is coming up with, Yami and Kawi need to get with it. If I can ride all day and not get fatigued and still have the same power as I would with the Kawi, then its a no brainer if the price is right.

On a side note, I have a yami ATV and it totally outclasses the Kawi atv in everything but the engine size. It seems Kawi doesnt like to innovate or put new stuff on their machines across all of their product lines.

Does anyone else think that Kawi needs to step it up? I know we have been in a recession but that doesnt seem to have stopped BRP....

Quote Originally Posted by TruStud View Post
    Have you guys seen all the crap seadoo has come out with? They have a new trailer that makes it easier to load and unload your ski. They have all that iS stuff, suspension, 260hp engine, etc.

DOnt get me wrong, I have wanted a black and green 260x for the longest time and I am waiting until a deal crosses my path, but after seeing all the innovation and cool stuff Seadoo is coming up with, Yami and Kawi need to get with it. If I can ride all day and not get fatigued and still have the same power as I would with the Kawi, then its a no brainer if the price is right.

On a side note, I have a yami ATV and it totally outclasses the Kawi atv in everything but the engine size. It seems Kawi doesnt like to innovate or put new stuff on their machines across all of their product lines.

Does anyone else think that Kawi needs to step it up? I know we have been in a recession but that doesnt seem to have stopped BRP....
    You are aware those iS suspension sea doos are like 15K and above. For that price they can keep them. Yes its really cool technology but I wouldnt want it enough to pay almost double that I paid for my new 250X back in 08.

07 Ultra 250x - Blue/Silver justice25's Avatar
    +1

Yes I am aware they are hella expensive but on the used market they wont be as much, relatively speaking. My point was not the price but the thought that goes into their stuff. It just seems kawi doesnt care to add any new features, bells and whistles, etc. Yami atleast has someeee added features where as kawi does not. I'm saying its time to add some stuff to it to make it more appealing to the buyer other than the raw power which brp has matched even in their rxt's without suspension.

Kawasaki is already losing millions and Honda has announce there will be no 2010 PWCs. There is very little market for a $16,000 Kawaski ski.

Maybe JUST maybe, kawi realizes that theirs a large customer base, that doesnt want to spend 15k on a ski. Maybe JUST maybe, kawi says " We can put all this stuff on the ski, but when it breaks b/c all the junk, will have more problems" . Look I understand what your saying, but a ski is a ski, NOT a boat. Concentrate on the hulls and the motors, making power and reliability. Seadoo concentrates on all this junk, and most people with common sense know, that the more stuff you put on a ski, its just one more thing to break.

If I wanted a boat, I would be looking for all these cool features. A ski, WHY? Its a fun toy, that is made to be thrown around, and really in all honesty not ridden across oceans(though some do it). I hope that Yami, stays true, and kawi also to what a ski does best.

PLEASE YAMI AND KAWI, do not turn these skis into a bigger headache!!!

Quote Originally Posted by creativepuzzle View Post
    Kawasaki is already losing millions and Honda has announce there will be no 2010 PWCs. There is very little market for a $16,000 Kawaski ski.
    That is exactly right, I was talking to a buddy who lives on the same lake who owns a RXP. The dealership he goes to has had a RXP iS sitting on the showroom floor since it came out, there is no one even looking at it due to cost.

I know its a different class of ski, but for not alot more $$ a family could get three STX-15f or VX1100s.

There is a reason that Ford sells a ton more mustangs than Chevy does Corvettes, yeah the corvette has more bells and whistles and even performs better, but its not affordable to most people.

Nearly everyone who is looking for a new ski can afford a 9,000 260hp ultra 260x, but very few can afford a 16,499 base price on the GTX iS or 14,999 base price on a RXT-iS.

But as others have said most manufacturers of non essential play toys are hurting big time and in a market like this, no one has the cash to throw down on new tech stuff. I am sure the sea doo stuff has been in the works for a few years, that isnt something you whip together in a year.

The only thing I wish my 250X had was trim, Id gladly give up reverse for trim.

Quote Originally Posted by espritonsevas View Post
    Maybe JUST maybe, kawi realizes that theirs a large customer base, that doesnt want to spend 15k on a ski. Maybe JUST maybe, kawi says " We can put all this stuff on the ski, but when it breaks b/c all the junk, will have more problems" . Look I understand what your saying, but a ski is a ski, NOT a boat. Concentrate on the hulls and the motors, making power and reliability. Seadoo concentrates on all this junk, and most people with common sense know, that the more stuff you put on a ski, its just one more thing to break.

If I wanted a boat, I would be looking for all these cool features. A ski, WHY? Its a fun toy, that is made to be thrown around, and really in all honesty not ridden across oceans(though some do it). I hope that Yami, stays true, and kawi also to what a ski does best.

PLEASE YAMI AND KAWI, do not turn these skis into a bigger headache!!!

+ 1 stick with the basics less shit to go wrong and make it more affordable for the consumer and instead kawi put more time and money into engine quality and yamaha the same in hulls

Cool +1

Quote Originally Posted by fxshostopper View Post
    + 1 stick with the basics less shit to go wrong and make it more affordable for the consumer and instead kawi put more time and money into engine quality and yamaha the same in hulls
    +1 on less @h!t to break (and affordability of course)

Yea seadoo just puts crap on the ski's to attract buyers some yammis have unnecessary parts as well IMO. Another reason i got the ultra was becuase it didnt have all the little nic nacs. The suspension thing is a waste of money imo, not worth the price. I like being sore, if not, i didnt ride hard enough. OMG they came out with a 260hp engine... oh kawi has one too...260x?KAWI 4 LIFE. Yammi on quads for sure, you cant beat the yzf450, thing hawls.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information