Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    07 Ultra 250x - Blue/Silver justice25's Avatar

Service tech admitting GIO

Had my Ski serviced (oil change etc.) by dealer. 10hrs later I fouled plugs. I took ski in to have the plugs changed, service guy checked oil, oil had risen and he said that it had gas in it and that I needed to keep an eye on it because every 250x has gio. I knew I had it and this is why I have had the dealer do every bit of my service, I was just supprised to hear the tech admit to it. Even with the admitted problem of GIO, I still had to pay for the plugs and oil change. Ski only has 45 hrs total and I have had the dealer change the oil in it 4 times now. Wanted to know what you guys thought about this.

Buy a check valve for your rear muffler from a Ultra 260X $73.72,,
    this will help a bit to raise the engine temp .
    Helps to keep engine hotter and address GIO ,, (helps with GIO )

Hey Justice25, sorry to hear about the GIO problem. Do you have any mods? and when you broke her in did you do any WOT runs the first two hours? I'm curios? I've got a friend of mine who bought his 250X the same time I did. He did allot of WOT runs within the first couple of hours of operation, now he has the GIO problem. I did no WOT runs the first two hours, and now have 40 hrs on my ski with no GIO. I'm wondering if this GIO issue has something to do with breakin of the motor and rings setting correctly. Just currious

07 Ultra 250x - Blue/Silver justice25's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmatak9 View Post
    Hey Justice25, sorry to hear about the GIO problem. Do you have any mods? and when you broke her in did you do any WOT runs the first two hours? I'm curios? I've got a friend of mine who bought his 250X the same time I did. He did allot of WOT runs within the first couple of hours of operation, now he has the GIO problem. I did no WOT runs the first two hours, and now have 40 hrs on my ski with no GIO. I'm wondering if this GIO issue has something to do with breakin of the motor and rings setting correctly. Just currious

the only mod is the bov, but i had gio before. I bought the ski from the dealer with 12 hrs on it so I do not know how it was broke in, sorry. I have heard of people doing wot right off the bat and saying that is why they do not have gio and I have heard the exact opposite, so I do not think this is the issue. Glad to hear you do not have gio. I thought it was funny that the dealer would say that every single one he has seen has gio, but kawi does nothing about it. Im just glad I have the extended warranty, I would not buy one without it.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Dont use synthetic............
    Quote Originally Posted by fzr100098 View Post
    I've never watched the Simpsons in my life.

I recommend you use a higher viscosity synthetic, such as Amsoil 10w-40, to offset the fuel dilution. Is this a blow-by issue? Does the 260 have the same problem?

+ 1
    Dont use synthetic.

Quote Originally Posted by jmatak9 View Post
    Ran mine, 2007 250x, at WOT the first hour. I had fouled plugs and high oil the first year. 2008, 2009 no high oil level no fouled plugs. Maybe I had high oil level because factory overfilled it. Also read somewhere loosening gas cap may be a fix which is what i started doing in between rides in 2008.

56 hours and no gas in oil , go figure

+1
    How does Amsoil offset the oil dilution issue?

Isn't 10w-40 the recommended oil anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Shuswap View Post
    How does Amsoil offset the oil dilution issue?

Isn't 10w-40 the recommended oil anyway?
    You are correct 10w40 is the recommended oil.
    I hear good things about rotella 5w40 sythetic T in motorcycle UOA's
    I got a case of castrol actevo for $36 on ebay, once it runs out I will switch to the rotella.
    It's like $22 for a gallon.....so I hear....
    I hear the best thing to do is change the oil with conventional every 10 hours.

Nothing beats GIO like blocking the catch can drain and running the larger OCMS fitting.
    My oil level never rises.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information