Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Honda PWC are HISTORY...

We alway enjoyed spanking the Hondas, but I'm sad to see this, we all benefit from more competition and manufacturers. But it's no surprise really; we all expected it for the last couple of years after their dealer network shake up. I'm sure the radical green environmentalists will rejoice that another PWC maker has pulled out of the industry, but I won't join them.
    Hasta la vista Honda Aquatrax... or should I say sayonara...
    http://www.watercraft.com/features/f...efinitely.html

+1
    Did you read the article?...it says production is suspended and production will resume at another plant once the market improves...so it does seem like they do plan on getting back in the game. If they use the off production time right, they could get a lot of r&d/changes/improvements made and possibly make a great re-entry into the market...I guess only time will tell.

+1
    They waited to long before they got into the game. If they would have jumped in, in the early 1990's might be a different story. I have only owned Honda cars and they were excellent vehicles. I am sure their watercraft are quality also. They just waited to late to start making them.

the issue is that dealers are still selling "NEW" 05-06 watercraft since they made so many of them. many were doing buy 1 get 1 and other incentives. Honda watercraft are in no way disappearing all together but they made the right decision to sell what the dealers have in stock before they make the new 2010 models. all in all what honda is doing is trying to help their dealers get rid of standing inventory.

Maybe they will figure out how to make faster skis in the meantime

lol, i agree but i dont think honda cares about speed, the go for reliability over everything else

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffTurbo601 View Post
    the issue is that dealers are still selling "NEW" 05-06 watercraft since they made so many of them.
    Uhhh yeah, like I said; they are history.
    They can't get rid of new inventory that is 4 years old.
    They can call it "suspension of production" or whatever kind of corporate speak they want, but in the end let's face it; no one is buying their PWC products. I was under the impression they were doing better since they actually brought a decent model to market recently, but I still think this thing has Polaris and Tigershark written all over it. And I suspect it's not just a performance issue; Honda has made a huge brand stake in the "green game," and thanks to the people who want to ban our watercraft, PWC really don't fit that business model; (see the thread in my sig). The news release makes no secret of the shift to reduce the "environmental footprint" of Honda operations. Funny thing is; if you are aware of the BlueRibbon Coalition you know that ATV and dirt bike activities like Honda's, along with snowmobiles are all coming under extreme pressure from the enviros. I hope I'm wrong about the Aquatrax, we do love spanking the little things.

For more info on BlueRibbon, see post 291 here:
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...bon#post809959

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    they are joining forces with po-polaris, I own a Honda atv myself, they are good, but in the pwc market these days you just cant compete with seadoo.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    Uhhh yeah, like I said; they are history.
    They can't get rid of new inventory that is 4 years old.
    They can call it "suspension of production" or whatever kind of corporate speak they want, but in the end let's face it; no one is buying their PWC products. I was under the impression they were doing better since they actually brought a decent model to market recently, but I still think this thing has Polaris and Tigershark written all over it. And I suspect it's not just a performance issue; Honda has made a huge brand stake in the "green game," and thanks to the people who want to ban our watercraft, PWC really don't fit that business model
    I think you are reading too much into one factory suspending production. Isn't the whole industry selling "new" 06 models and other left over models. One new 06 F12X owner told me the turbo rebuild time is 500hrs. It compares well to the seadoo SC rebuild time.

Anyway, since I am on the buyer side of the supply and demand balance, I want as many manufactures out there as possible.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ZX11 View Post
    I think you are reading too much into one factory suspending production.
    Like I said, I hope you're right.

Isn't the whole industry selling "new" 06 models and other left over models.
    A few maybe, but not like Honda.

One new 06 F12X owner told me the turbo rebuild time is 500hrs. It compares well to the seadoo SC rebuild time.
    What on earth are you talking about?
    It doesn't take 500 hours to rebuild a supercharger.
    Jerry charges $75 to do it, see here:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...071#post243071

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information