Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Finally rode my FZR for the first time after almost two mo the of owning it!

Well, I finally had a chance to tkae this bad boy out to the river. I first want to say that this is by far one of the most exciting craft I've ever had the pleasure of riding. I Broke it in the way Jerry suggested. This thing pulls like a freight train and handles like my old R1 sport bike. Before I used my GPS to get a more accurate speed reading, my dreamometer said 73mph. On the gps, it only registered 65.4 mph. I was a little unhappy. I was hoping to see at least 67 or 68 mph. I also have a 06 SeaDoo GTX LM. 215HP. Its tottaly stock. My buddy rode that next to me and he wieghs the same as me. I was only able to crawl away from him. I was hoping to at least pull away from him by at least two ski leinth. Not, he was right there the whole time by one ski leinth. The out side temp was 108*, water temp was 84*. I had about 3/4 tank of gas and my wieght is 240lbs. I know I need to lose about 40lbs and that will help some.LOL... My mods include only the R&D intake manifold upgrade, R&D sponsons and Rivaintake grate w/pump seal kit. I have a long ways to go to get to my dream speed of 85mph. I plan on getting the ride plate next and then everything els Jerry and some of these guys who are running in the 80+mph range. I love this site and thanks for all the great info.

Franky G...

+1
    About time you get out and ride that thing Franky

Did you notice how many RPM's you were turning?

LOL.. I tried to see the rpms and I think, from what I could see, it was around 7300 or 7400. It was hard to see cause the water wasn't exactly glass.
    Jerry, does my speed sound about right where it would be based on my info?

+1
    Franky,

Geez, it took you longer than it took me to get your first ride in.
    Glad you got to enjoy it finally. I understand about the disappointment in your top speed, as you know. Don't know what to tell you about that. The air temp supposedly has something to do with it. I couldn't get past 67.3 gps in Havasu (109 degree or so) and couldn't get past 67.1 in the ocean at 85 degree air, 70 water...... with Riva stage one.
    It seems like there can be a 2+ mph difference on any given stock ski.... luck of the draw, I guess. Try the rideplate spacer trick. I never got to try the "spacer" mod as I will be installing my R&D plate next week.

Over and out.

Gary

If by river your talking Havasu/Parker area, I was there last weekend with similar air temps and ran about the same (65.1) at less than a 1/4 tank on my pretty much stock FZS.-foam removed and rubber in back removed and a Jet Trim was all. It was kinda hot at 104 air, didn't get the water temp but seemed about 70's.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKY G View Post
    LOL.. I tried to see the rpms and I think, from what I could see, it was around 7300 or 7400. It was hard to see cause the water wasn't exactly glass.
    Jerry, does my speed sound about right where it would be based on my info?
    Franky, don't sweat it bro. That engine will loosen up around 20 hours and will rev freely. Find some smooth water and speeds will come up

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Franky, don't sweat it bro. That engine will loosen up around 20 hours and will rev freely. Find some smooth water and speeds will come up
    10000% true. I saw +1.5mph and others have reported more

Thanks for the encouragement guys.. Yeah, this was at lake Havasu, well really , just down the river. I always stay at Black Meadow Landing. I'm also planning on ordering the R&D ride plate real soon and see what that does. The heavy mods will have to come next year. I work a second job in the summer and that's where my mod money will come from. It sucks. I wish I could get it sooner, but I'm married and the wife said the family and bills come first. ...LOL.... So for now, I will do just little $100 to $300 mod upgrades at a time. Hey Jerry, thanks buddy, now you gave me a little more hope for more speed after 20 hrs. Woohoo... something is betterthen nothing right? LOL...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKY G View Post
    something is betterthen nothing right? LOL...
    ABSOLUTELY! Even .1 mph at a time is better than 0.0 mph at a time....

+1
    As Jerry said once you do around the 20 hours the engine will losing up ,

hope you enjoy your new ski ........ they are awesome skis

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information