Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    RXPDAVID's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    West Tennessee
    Posts
    403

    What's up with Shibby

    Why have you become so sour toward your RXT after doing all those mod's?


  2. #2
    EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    9,464
    +1
    4
    geesh... am i really coming off that harsh about them? they are fun and powerful and all and awesome straight-line cruisers... but it takes too much money to make them achieve high top speeds in the mid-high 70s... and they can't handle very well at all. i used to just ride straight and jsut go from point A to B... but recently after spending time on kawis and RXPs and running tight turns in snake trails in the grass lands, the RXT is a PIG. ask Vman... we call him the lawnmower now bc taking an RXT around these tight narrow turns results in the ski being catapulted atop the marshland

    besides... i already picked up 2 RXPs

  3. #3
    RXPDAVID's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    West Tennessee
    Posts
    403
    I can understand that. The RXP is the one to modify. I have been modding on my RXP from day one however, the RXT will remain pretty much stock.
    Last edited by RXPDAVID; 08-17-2006 at 11:46 AM.

  4. #4
    RustySeaRustyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Chesapeake Bay-Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    1,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    geesh... am i really coming off that harsh about them? they are fun and powerful and all and awesome straight-line cruisers... but it takes too much money to make them achieve high top speeds in the mid-high 70s... and they can't handle very well at all. i used to just ride straight and jsut go from point A to B... but recently after spending time on kawis and RXPs and running tight turns in snake trails in the grass lands, the RXT is a PIG. ask Vman... we call him the lawnmower now bc taking an RXT around these tight narrow turns results in the ski being catapulted atop the marshland

    besides... i already picked up 2 RXPs
    Steve why havent you posted any pics yet?

    Or did I miss them?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    we call him the lawnmower now bc taking an RXT around these tight narrow turns results in the ski being catapulted atop the marshland

    Lawnmowerman! hahahahahahahahahahaha...

    I still like my pigski ...PR...

  6. #6
    Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    4,438
    +1
    1
    In my riding conditions I will never change my couch!

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rydal, Georgia U S A
    Posts
    3,936
    +1
    14
    [quote=Shibby1485]geesh... am i really coming off that harsh about them? they are fun and powerful and all and awesome straight-line cruisers... but it takes too much money to make them achieve high top speeds in the mid-high 70s... and they can't handle very well at all. i used to just ride straight and jsut go from point A to B... but recently after spending time on kawis and RXPs and running tight turns in snake trails in the grass lands, the RXT is a PIG. ask Vman... we call him the lawnmower now bc taking an RXT around these tight narrow turns results in the ski being catapulted atop the marshland

    besides... i already picked up 2 RXPs [/quote



    Because the opas is not assisting and initiating the turn...

  8. #8
    EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    9,464
    +1
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by jawz
    Because the opas is not assisting and initiating the turn...
    i'm not gonna lie.... you are 100% right about that... rode a ski with OPAS thru the same trails and then got back on mine... big difference.

    the riva sponsons defintiely helped ALOT also... i went from riva sponsons one day, to stock sponsons the next and it was much more of a handful to toss around...

    no going back to OPAS now with a thru-hull exhaust... jawz, u run the stock exhaust location? powerpipe?

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rydal, Georgia U S A
    Posts
    3,936
    +1
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    i'm not gonna lie.... you are 100% right about that... rode a ski with OPAS thru the same trails and then got back on mine... big difference.

    the riva sponsons defintiely helped ALOT also... i went from riva sponsons one day, to stock sponsons the next and it was much more of a handful to toss around...

    no going back to OPAS now with a thru-hull exhaust... jawz, u run the stock exhaust location? powerpipe?
    Thru- hull AND Opas and I had no problem doing it... it's not even close to the opas. IF IT'S NOT BETTER WHY CHANGE!

  10. #10
    Water4fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Braunfels TX.
    Posts
    10,061
    +1
    790
    Jawz, I felt the same way when I got on my 2005 RXP when I bought it. I had my 04 with no opas and WORXs sponson and then got on my STOCK 05 and I actually felt that I like the stock stuff better. I even contemplated putting my stock sponsons and opas on my 2004.


    .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What's up with Hydro Turf?
    By SeaDoocer in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-12-2008, 09:17 AM
  2. What's up with Ebay?
    By xlint89 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-15-2007, 11:23 PM
  3. What's up with Jettrim?!?
    By MonSterX in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-09-2007, 03:31 PM
  4. What`s up with Mark Underwood
    By Big Red Monster in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 07-28-2006, 10:59 PM
  5. What`s up with the forum???
    By Pale Rider in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-22-2006, 08:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •