+1

Intake grates for F12X

hi everybody, im a noob on this forum, and just recently purchased my 06 f12x. I love the ski except for the fact that it cavitates a lot on take off, and it feels like it could use more hook-up all around. i have checked the pump and the impeller looks new (no bites or abrasions from rocks/sand), and there is very little gap btw impeller and pump housing. Machine only has about 32hrs on it.

I ride mostly on freshwater lakes/rivers in ct, but do plan on going out to the LI Sound occasionally. I usually like to drag race my friends, pull tubes, and just be a general idiot on the thing.

I feel like an intake grate would help this problem, but i realize there is like 3 companies making them and i see on the forum that some of them are not necesarily well liked or reccommended.

to that end, what do you guys reccommend for an intake grate (and why), and would you reccommend anything else over the intake grate (impeller, etc...) I dont really wanna spend a lot of $$$ (at least until next year), but will if i have to.

thanks,
    chuck

+1
    I'd recommend an impeller over the intake grate. You will notice I do not sell intake grates. I don't sell parts that make you slower.
    Last edited by supermac; 09-15-2009 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot64 View Post
    hi everybody, im a noob on this forum, and just recently purchased my 06 f12x. I love the ski except for the fact that it cavitates a lot on take off, and it feels like it could use more hook-up all around.
    I put a Solas grate on my F-12X and found a marked improvement in rough water hookup and reloading the pump after jumping a wake or wave.

I feel like an intake grate would help this problem, but i realize there is like 3 companies making them and i see on the forum that some of them are not necesarily well liked or reccommended.
    I did notice a 1-2mph drop in top speed as the Solas grate hangs lower than the stock Honda grate, but I counteracted this by adding a 3.5º pump wedge and a Macsboost module.

wedge on a f12x?

Quote Originally Posted by Miamibusta69 View Post
    wedge on a f12x?
    Problem?

So I take it you guys don't have the same worries with Stuffing like we do on the Yamahas. With a FZ, it's the number 1 mod to do to keep from getting bucked off when you let off at high speed.

Thread Information