+1

Check out this PWC dyno

My buddy owns a Vette shop and just purchased an in ground dyno. While he was checking out their website he came across a PWC dyno - check out this badass mofo! It ain't cheap, but it's extremely cool:

http://www.land-and-sea.com/pwc-dyno/pwc-dyno.htm

Banned User
    +1
    Not bad, but....

250+ Hp* capacity with our industry proven 9" toroidal flow water brake absorber. Pump adapter assemblies (available separately) let you move one DYNOmite among numerous models of PWCs (and snowmobiles too). Test most production watercraft engines from your ¾" garden hose water supply.*

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    I was looking at this setup also..I didn't have enough water to run it..and couldn't use it to check for driveline and hull leaks.

For a shop that does mostly ski performance work, I'd say it would be a really great tool, since you can quantify $ vs horsepower gain.

+1
    I saw that Danny, but 99% of the PWC's out there are making much less HP. I like the fact it has an eddy brake, just like car dynos.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Not bad, but....

250+ Hp* capacity with our industry proven 9" toroidal flow water brake absorber. Pump adapter assemblies (available separately) let you move one DYNOmite among numerous models of PWCs (and snowmobiles too). Test most production watercraft engines from your ¾" garden hose water supply.*

Quote Originally Posted by fullboogie View Post
    I saw that Danny, but 99% of the PWC's out there are making much less HP. I like the fact it has an eddy brake, just like car dynos.
    It does not have an Eddy brake. It has a water brake.

We found a used one earlier this year. Summer has been too busy to set it up yet. Our local water flow limits us to 180hp, but we plan to use it on 2 stroke stand-up skis so it should be plenty of capacity.

I have a dynojet car dyno and if this PWC dyno can be even half as useful we are gonna love it.

Aaron

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    land and sea has been making them for a while... i was looking into their dyno's for a shop i was working at.

Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    I was looking at this setup also..I didn't have enough water to run it..and couldn't use it to check for driveline and hull leaks.

For a shop that does mostly ski performance work, I'd say it would be a really great tool, since you can quantify $ vs horsepower gain.
    do you know where I can find a shop to dyno my ski ?? I've looked every were online but can find anything... I only see the "land and sea" web site. But i don't want to buy one I just want to see a base line power my ski makes ...
    Last edited by K447; 04-29-2013 at 06:32 PM.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    While this thread is over 4 years old, you can likely find out from the vendor who in your area might have one of these dyno's.

I would suspect they are in the hands of well sponsored racers and not a general repair shop ( like mine) as they are uber expensive to own..and operate.

You'll pay accordingly. I would estimate $250 to get your ski rigged up on this machine and a chart made of horsepower. Going back several years there was a guy that had one at a snowmobile shop..he was getting $150 for a session. A ski hookup and test session would likely be substantially more

money better spent elsewhere and use your GPS to measure results, unless you need a raw horsepower graph for some reason.

For me..GPS is the only thing that counts. Horsepower on a dyno is a static measure..and frankly speaking the only folks who I can see using them are folks that manufacture performance parts so they can see if a new cam setup actually delivers to the pump what the designers think it would.

Sorry I just realized it was 4 years old, I'm kind of new using this even though i singed up a couple years back, thank you for your help and your information, I know about using a GPS to calculate my speed but as we speak my ski is currently stock and has only 80 hours, I wanted more or less to see with a base line dyno what my hp would be so I can match it up with my over all speed, meaning how many horses am I running on that I'm only hitting the "70" it's clocking on the dash.

In other words, what's the best you can recommend me, I don't realy need a dyno sheet with numbers but it would be great if I found some where I can get them.

Thread Information