Question 1998 Sea Doo GTXLTD

Pros and Cons on the 98 GTX LTD?

+1
    Pro:
    Great overall boat for a three seater. That hull is one of the best SD ever made. 951 is a fine engine if properly maintained. Can pull a skier if not too heavy with a spotter on the back. Good touring boat and can handle any rough water you want to ride. One of SD best color schemes (though the '99 was pretty much the same). Pretty fast for its size, runs in the upper 50s in stock form and with a little bit of modding can run 60ish (some boats are faster than others, of course even if set up the same).

Con:
    951 does require some TLC as they are sensitive to neglect and poor maintenance procedures. The '98 ignition is not as good as the '99+ ignition system and can be more prone to fouling plugs in certain situations.

Overall:

The '98-'99 GTXL is a great boat and one of my personal favorites. I have an '02 carbed GTX which is almost the same hull (it is slightly larger) but the hood is a bit different. If I had to choose I would prefer a '99 but you will not lose much going with the '98. If you make sure the fuel system is in good shape you should not have a lot of issues with plugs (that is mostly a prob for the modded '98s anyway).

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KrunchovXPL-GTX-RX View Post
    Pro:
    Great overall boat for a three seater. That hull is one of the best SD ever made. 951 is a fine engine if properly maintained. Can pull a skier if not too heavy with a spotter on the back. Good touring boat and can handle any rough water you want to ride. One of SD best color schemes (though the '99 was pretty much the same). Pretty fast for its size, runs in the upper 50s in stock form and with a little bit of modding can run 60ish (some boats are faster than others, of course even if set up the same).

Con:
    951 does require some TLC as they are sensitive to neglect and poor maintenance procedures. The '98 ignition is not as good as the '99+ ignition system and can be more prone to fouling plugs in certain situations.

Overall:

The '98-'99 GTXL is a great boat and one of my personal favorites. I have an '02 carbed GTX which is almost the same hull (it is slightly larger) but the hood is a bit different. If I had to choose I would prefer a '99 but you will not lose much going with the '98. If you make sure the fuel system is in good shape you should not have a lot of issues with plugs (that is mostly a prob for the modded '98s anyway).

X2

Great ski if looked after. It feels lighter and more nimble than the newer four stroke skis.

98 GTXL

thanx for the info i have a vary nice ski but motor took a dump and a friend gave it to me just wondering if it would be worth fixing.

Thread Information