Fx sho top speed

Jus purchased a 2009 FX SHO in August, have approximately 7.7 hrs. on it. Took it out yesterday to GPS speed. The ski is bone stock with 3/4 tank premium fuel. The temp was 77 degrees F, estimated water temp around 70 could be a few degrees cooler, water was glass only ski on lake. Warmed up and took a wot run, gps 66.1 mph trim in neutral, 2nd run trim one click down, 66.9, took seat off and completed 3rd run results 67 mph. It pulled hard up till max speed and must i say without the seat the sound was awesome really could hear the supercharger. Based on these numbers from what i have heard i could expect maybe another mph increase once i get around 20 hours on it. Are these numbers consistent with what most of you are running?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shotime2 View Post
    Jus purchased a 2009 FX SHO in August, have approximately 7.7 hrs. on it. Took it out yesterday to GPS speed. The ski is bone stock with 3/4 tank premium fuel. The temp was 77 degrees F, estimated water temp around 70 could be a few degrees cooler, water was glass only ski on lake. Warmed up and took a wot run, gps 66.1 mph trim in neutral, 2nd run trim one click down, 66.9, took seat off and completed 3rd run results 67 mph. It pulled hard up till max speed and must i say without the seat the sound was awesome really could hear the supercharger. Based on these numbers from what i have heard i could expect maybe another mph increase once i get around 20 hours on it. Are these numbers consistent with what most of you are running?
    Welcome to the forum. My best stock speed was 67.0.

Question Take off seat???

I keep hearing about people taking off their seats. Isn't that a bit dangerous for the ski (aka taking on water, getting water in the engine compartment, etc) and for you if you accidentally sit on a hot ass engine (pardon the pun)? Just curious...

I guess ridin w/o seat could be a little uncomfortable, but the sound was worth it...don't believe there was any performance gain...but the sc whirling was sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by shotime2 View Post
    I guess ridin w/o seat could be a little uncomfortable, but the sound was worth it...don't believe there was any performance gain...but the sc whirling was sweet.
    I gained .2 mph with the seat off and 30 rpms but with the 3 seater it is easy i sat on the back seat . Ron

+1
    My best was 66.7 stock.

68-69, flat water,1/2 tank gas...

Thread Information