Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Removing Pump and the engine 97 Speedster boat Rotax 717 engine

Im removing the pump,driveshaft,engine on 97 speedster jet boat. Im needing a little help with this project. I have remove some things from the pump but still seems locked to the rear hull of the boat I have a few pics to show maybe one of you guys can help tell me how to get it off. I wish there was away to pull out the engine without removing the pump first. Here are the pics...Im post one of the drive shaft too maybe someone can tell me what i need to do and where to get the drive shaft out...
    As you can see the 4 nuts are off the studs holding the pump. So is that all thats holding it should it come off now. I took hammer knocked in all 4 stud area but its still locked to hull.

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/6480/pumpside.jpg

http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/1820/pump1.jpg

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/777/driveshaft.jpg

last picture which Ring do I remove to get out the drive shaft?

Yes you have to remove the clamps to get the drive shaft out. Did you remove the hoses from the inside of the boat going to the pump? There should be 2 small and one large with clamps. The pump still can be hard to get off. It may have been sealed with silicone.

Aubrey

No I know I havent loose any hose to the pump,can you even see the pump from inside the motor compartment. I dont know how they expect anyone to work on something in that hole..lol I mean Im 6 foot 7 just can reach the motor must suppose to try crawl in the compartment. I think there is silicone between the pump and hull any suggestions on breaking this loose there is no movement at all back there. Here is a pic can you see the hoses in the pic I need to remove? so if I stick my head in the compartment and look at the back of boat can I see the hoses that need to be loosen??? I dont know how I get in there though. Man this be much easier if it was a ski.

When you say remove clamps to get out drive shaft. You mean thse three hose clamps I see on the drive shaft??? Is there a carbon ring I have to pop off with a screw driver??? From my pics of the pump on back hull does it look like all has been taken off and loosen? How about there in the middle that shaft looking thing does that screw out??? Is that part of drive shaft???

Thanks alot guys be glad when I get this engine out.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    it can get painful doing anything in the engine compartment. Last year I busted some rib cartlidge changing a blower of all things. STILL hurts this season.

The pumps can be very hard to get off, if some dimwit used too much silicon on it. I had quite a tiime getting the pumps off one boat.

I've since raised my labor rate on jetboats, it's work for much younger and flexible folks. I'm done hanging upside down.

typical pump removal tricks apply, I've used my homebuilt puller ( for an ultra 150) on a couple of doo jobs too get some 8mm allthread and a chunk of 1/4 steel plate, measure mount and drill..that alone should give you enough leverage to pull the pump free.

As to getting to the hose clamps on the inside, I have no hints. But you can make a puller out of 2 picies of angle iron. Take the stearing nozle off and use the 4 holes in the pump to pull from. Measure the distance between the holes horizonal, and drill holes in both pices of angle to match the distance of holes in the pump. Get threaded rod and cut so when you put the angle iron flat to the hull of the boat the threaded rods will stick through the angle iron. Then put flat washer and nuts on the threaded rod and screw evenely.This should break the pump loose.

Aubrey

Another thing your pictures are so small we cannot tell anything about them.

Aubrey

Ohhh man Im not sure how to do all of that....All I know to get things off is a crow bar..lol I was told its better to loose the drive shaft so when I pull the pump the drive shaft will come with it. Why couldnt they make this thing to get engine out without removing pump??

I am stuck at the same part you are. Let me know if you figure this out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information