Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rebuild crank

Rebuild crank

Where is a good place to have a crank rebuild? Or should I just buy one from SBT? Thanks

Pooner

don't buy anything from sbt.... call crankworks

+1
    Whats wrong with SBT I use them everyday for stuff and never had a single problem with any of there rebuilt items. Not to mention they offer a great warranty that they do stand behind..

It's personal preference.... I along with many others here choose not to use their products.

It's kind of hard to argue about their warranty. That's pretty tough to beat. But I would say quality is their biggest problem.

There are many opinions and tons of posts about sbt motors and parts on here, debates between rebuilding yourself and buying from sbt. Check them out

you can buy a rebuilt one from hotrods for about $700 or send yours to crankworks for a few hundred less

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lakemotox View Post
    Whats wrong with SBT I use them everyday for stuff and never had a single problem with any of there rebuilt items. Not to mention they offer a great warranty that they do stand behind..
    Simply the quality of their products, I build high performance watercraft, this demands a certain level of quality that SBT just can't deliver. Even in my rec ski I use OEM parts for their quality and longevity. I will throw SBT one bone, the replacement clips for the power valves are good.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wakewhornc View Post
    you can buy a rebuilt one from hotrods for about $700 or send yours to crankworks for a few hundred less
    You can buy a new hot rods for under $600 or a new OEM from boats.net for $700

+1
    I run a shop myself and the quality of hotrods is not as good as sbt... In 15 years I only had to replace one motor from SBT due to failed carbs not the engine, and without question the new motor was on its way in 24hrs... The average joe is the true test of reliability not a race boat.... jmo

+1
    I am sorry, but I would not use an SBT crank if it was given to me. My time is worth more to me then tearing my motor down to swap it out for another free replacement when it fails. How do you think they can afford to replace their stuff? they get it for $.10 on the dollar that they sell it for. I will stick with known quality

Bill is right... Especially living in the North East... There are really only 3-4 months of riding time. So figure 12-16 weekends. No one wants to be stuck on land waiting for a motor to be shipped to them.... Whether it's free or not.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information