15 R&D Ride plate - trim?

I have a 15f I primarily use for playing in the ocean/surf. I put on a 3deg pump wedge over the weekend to get the front up better and love the result. It slides much better and is easier to get the front up on waves.

I am thinking of getting the R&D plate and intake grate. I don't want to negate the effect of the wedge and have the bow come back down. Does the R&D plate boost the front up higher or trim it down?

Thanks!

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    it trims it up, because you get faster flat water speeds with it by raising the front, the intake grate might suck you down more but i cant tell you i havent put it on my ski, I like going fast and my beast ski isnt finished...

Sean

the intake grate will hold you down. But the plate will help you get it out of the water.

how does the intake grate come out on a 15F. I looked at my friends last nite to get a rope out and it looked like it was one piece with the pump? Got the rope out anyways but just curious.

on the stock plate and R&D that uses the stock grate you have to pull the ride plate off and the bolts on the back side are under the ride plate.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskir15f View Post
    on the stock plate and R&D that uses the stock grate you have to pull the ride plate off and the bolts on the back side are under the ride plate.
    whats up bro u still got the 15f?if so hows it running?

Haha yea still got her. I'm for sure getting something new this spring. Tossed around several ideas. Thinking about a conversion over my christmas break when i'm home from college for a month and finishing/tuning it the first week of may when i'm finished w/ school and the ice is melted. If anyone made a decent 2 seater i'd buy that but i dont see anything i like now and the ol' 15F doesnt have 250+ hp soooo.....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskir15f View Post
    Haha yea still got her. I'm for sure getting something new this spring. Tossed around several ideas. Thinking about a conversion over my christmas break when i'm home from college for a month and finishing/tuning it the first week of may when i'm finished w/ school and the ice is melted. If anyone made a decent 2 seater i'd buy that but i dont see anything i like now and the ol' 15F doesnt have 250+ hp soooo.....

yea my 15f is still running strong just threw a new pump in it with a 14/21..i picked up a yamaha sho great ski with minimal mods im running 75mph..conversion would be cool gprxp or with a 1.8 supercharged setup?

Thread Information