+1

Ben's Performance Plus

Just wanted to say I just picked up my 1390BB ported Ski from Ben and I just wanted to say that from the begining to the end it was all smooth and professional! Ski was cleaned and Ben took the time to explain and answer any and all questions. the pump was well modded and done as if it were factory.......The installation was extremely clean and again was well executed......I will post performance figures once I get the bad boy on the water, but for now I just wanted to say thank you to Ben Herman for all your hard work and dedication.... imagine this ski will be friggin fast and I'm totally excited and can't wait.

now thats a happy camper/customer see maybe you Yamaha Dealers could learn something from this thread its called excellent customer service and top notch work and lets us know them NUMBERS once ya hit the water ...i bet it will be faster than when you took it in, versus when we take in a ski to a Yamaha Dealer to get mods done it comes out SLOWER

Love my dealer. Bought 2 new yamis.. at about the same time +/- 5 hours they both had battery cables fall off.. loctite? no... anti sieze greese? no.. hand tight? yup.. nice job for the dealer. Could have used a guy like Ben. Nice

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fxshostopper View Post
    now thats a happy camper/customer see maybe you Yamaha Dealers could learn something from this thread its called excellent customer service and top notch work and lets us know them NUMBERS once ya hit the water ...i bet it will be faster than when you took it in, versus when we take in a ski to a Yamaha Dealer to get mods done it comes out SLOWER

That's is for shure.It seems everytime U take a boat to the dealer something else is messed up.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Looped View Post
    Love my dealer. Bought 2 new yamis.. at about the same time +/- 5 hours they both had battery cables fall off.. loctite? no... anti sieze greese? no.. hand tight? yup.. nice job for the dealer. Could have used a guy like Ben. Nice
    Most dealers only seem to care about motorcycles and not much else.The local dealers surrounding me don't care much about the boats or watercrafts, just dirt bikes and street bikes. I think that if they were more passionate about the watertoys as they were about their bikes they would definately sell and service more.

Quote Originally Posted by enforcer View Post
    That's is for shure.It seems everytime U take a boat to the dealer something else is messed up.

yeah thats probably their DAMN GOAL when we bring something in to them is.. lets see what we can mess up so he has to bring it back again and we can charge him some more money for something we didnt or cant fix

+1
    O.K. fellas finally got it back on the water and here are the results:
    92 degrees, humidity 87 , rad unknown 850 above sea level.....This was done in Canyon Lake Texas just outside San Antonio.

800 Grate 1/2 tank fuel, carbs rich as hell Advent set to Yam 84 on the seat with 800 grate and choppy so no superman. best so far is:
    77.7 on the seat @ 6990 R.P.M.'s so obviously still need some tuning and am going to try a DF14/23 to see where it"ll be. Will post later when I take it out again.
    Last edited by enforcer; 09-29-2009 at 01:59 PM.

nice and sounds to me like ya mite have 2.3 mph at least more with a little more tuning and right cond's let us know when ya hit the 80

+1
    That 84 curve can be a killer at cruising speed be careful. What other curves do you have? what impeller were you running? need to get them R's up.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OsideBill View Post
    what impeller were you running? need to get them R's up.
    +1

Oh ya, Canyon lake is deffinetly not a place to go try for speed numbers. That place is ruffer than chit. Canyon makes Sommerville look smooth

Thread Information