95 GTX 650 - Formula Pump - Oil required??

I just picked up a used mint 95 GTX. I was reading the owners manual and it said that the formula pump uses a 75w oil. I looked on the maching and cannot seem to see much as to where to change the oil or add. I greased the grease nipple on the shaft but is there also a oil component to this pump that needs to be changed?

Appreciated,

95spi w\factory pipe/96xp Diggler's Avatar

jet pump oil

To change your jet pump oil you have to pull off your venturi nozzle of the back of the jetpump. Its the 4 bolts and undo the steering cable. The oil is inside the cone that has 3 small screws, you will see the fill plug on top of it also. Im sure others on here might tell you what to use for rtv sealant, i just use blue and hardly any at all where the seat is. The cone also has an o ring for it to you can replace. you can use the mercery hi performance sythetic oil if you cant find the seadoo stuff. Also earlyer modles b4 97 didnt have the anit rattle spring and plastic retainer. Put one on my 95 spi and made that rattle noise go away at idle and its longer for a 2mph gain.

Question

Where is the drain and fill plug? I looked but didn't see nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggler View Post
    you can use the mercery hi performance sythetic oil.

+1
    There is only the one plug on the cone. To drain it you must either pull the pump or if the pump is left on the boat you must pull the cone off. You may not see the plug with the venturi on because it is recessed into the cone somewhat. You can feel it on the upper right quadrant of the cone if you can get your hand in there.

A new o-ring would not be a bad idea. To fill you put the cone back on and fill it through the plug hole (obviously, the plug hole must face up when the cone is installed). In fact, a new cone and anti-rattle device would not be a bad idea either. The cones get to where they do not want to seal around the plug over time.

If you have not found the cone yet take a flashlight and shine it up into the steering nozzel at the back of the boat. You will be looking at the back of the jet pump and the cone is right smack in the middle of the back of the pump.

Thanks guys. I will disassemble and change soon. Once I do it once I'm sure it will be a breeze. I will most likely change it annually before storage.

Appreciated.

95spi w\factory pipe/96xp Diggler's Avatar

formula pump reguired

does anyone else here use the mercery hi performance sythetic oil? My friend is a service tech for seadoo and thats what he gave me to use. Anyone disagree

a synthetic 75w or/to 90w

should be fine

Thread Information