08 p-x WEIRD Trim Help!

Hey guys my p-x has just hit 60 hours with no problems. only little mods i have done in my signature. nothing on the ski has been tinkered with including the trim. i baby my things so its never been around the dock or anything. im wondering have you guys ever heard of this or went through it? the trim line on the gauge trimmed up frantically goes up and down. and most of the time i cant keep it trimmed to the max top it just trims itself down. its so strange cause my 04 rxp never had trim problems. its really fast like its having a seisure trimming up and down. all wires check out good nothing pinched and nothing in pump area. any comments appreciated. thanks in advance guys.

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    never struck it before, have had owners that push the button repeatedly instead of holding it up or down this activates the preset function so it will go all the way up or down depending where the preset is set to.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxp12 View Post
    Hey guys my p-x has just hit 60 hours with no problems. only little mods i have done in my signature. nothing on the ski has been tinkered with including the trim. i baby my things so its never been around the dock or anything. im wondering have you guys ever heard of this or went through it? the trim line on the gauge trimmed up frantically goes up and down. and most of the time i cant keep it trimmed to the max top it just trims itself down. its so strange cause my 04 rxp never had trim problems. its really fast like its having a seisure trimming up and down. all wires check out good nothing pinched and nothing in pump area. any comments appreciated. thanks in advance guys.

I have the same issue and we have narrowed it down to the guage.

+1
    I had the same thing on my t-x.

Could be some moisture in your connectors.

Try spraying some wd40 in them,might help.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonze View Post
    never struck it before, have had owners that push the button repeatedly instead of holding it up or down this activates the preset function so it will go all the way up or down depending where the preset is set to.
    well my presets are all the way up and all the way down and still does it even if i hold it.

i have same ski with 80hr trim started acting up only goes up wont come down at times beeper going off at random found water in trim box had local ski shop find promblem - clean out box -new outside boot- clean conector - trim working ok now - cost $200 said its from jumping wave i live on jersey shore all i do is jump waves

Thread Information