Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

bing carb parts??!!!

Looked up the prices on new diaphrams for the bing carbs on x-45's, they are $66.49 each!! does anyone know where to get these cheaper, or maybe I can get a set of keihins for the cost of new diaphrams.. can't even find a kit and the individual parts are so expensive.. so with shipping it will cost me $230.00 for 3 F#$%$ diaphrams!! someone has got to know where to get them for less than that this is crazy!

+1
    You would be much better off putting the money towards a set of 40 Keihins...the watercraft will run much better/faster and it will be easy to get parts in the future if need be. Your problem is the very same I came across on my X-45...very difficult to get rebuild parts...this is when I decided to put on Keihin carbs. There are racks listed on Ebay all the time and a number of people on the forum have a set available...like John Zigler.

Is it pretty straight forward or do you need to tune the new carbs for the 1200?

+1
    Pretty straight forward...if you find a set that came off a 1200 engine then you are good to go as is! If the set came off of something else...like a 1050 or 900, then you might have to change a jet or two but that's no biggy.

check these out!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Polar...rcraftQ5fParts

i already ordered the diaphrams but after finding these I'm thinking ill send them back..! Can I take the jets from the bing carb and put them in these?? or what jets do I need? Could go and just get the oem ones for a 1200 genesis..?

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1

what you need

i got the setup for ya,the log manifold and pipe are for towing,the red pipe is for speed and top end.i have a practically new redpipe and manifold,all the manifold bolts and temp sender.most of the pipe bolts.a set of 40mm keihins jetted for the 1200 and red pipe,no chokes and primers installed,no more bings and about 200 more rpm.put a set of carbon tech lt reed petals in there and you'll swear its a different ski..right 32degh2o.you'd need a stock red pipe waterbox to finish it

+1
    i have some carb racks here from good, clean freshwater 1200 carbed genesis machines. send me an email, or call the shop if i can help. thank you.

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1

carbs

those carbs on ebay are 38's you can tell by the choke flaps

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FLjoyrider View Post
    check these out!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Polar...rcraftQ5fParts

i already ordered the diaphrams but after finding these I'm thinking ill send them back..! Can I take the jets from the bing carb and put them in these?? or what jets do I need? Could go and just get the oem ones for a 1200 genesis..?
    Nope, they will not work well. Like 32degree said,those are the 38mm carbs. Call John Zigler,If he say's he has good carbs,He has good carbs!

It's not my ski, I'm doing this on the side, so the upgrade to red pipe and all that is not going to happen. Now if this was my personal ski then yes it would be getting stripped down and re done with lots of goodies.. but I can't find a nice 1050 or 1200 blown for cheap (what I look for). Besides that, typically I only charge $150 for carb clean/rebuild and fuel system upgrade (getting rid of the grey fuel lines) but after telling him the problem with the bing carb parts pricing he is ok with it being $350.00, which isnt too bad for me or him I guess, but that includes the rubber exhaust ring too (Maybe 20 extra mins to replace..) I called zigler and watcon monday looking for the diaphrams and didn't even think to ask about the carbs.. but I'll price them out and let the customer decide. I'd be all over the red pipe and all that if this was my ski.. maybe I'll get to build a 1200 one of these days..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information