Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Fizzle 4" Intake

I have a modified 08 RXPX and running a 3" Riva intake but want to go to a larger air intake...a little concerned about the Riva rear air intake and water intrusion when goofing around so is the next best thing the Fizzle 4" air intake? I have never seen one so just wondering if it may be better for possible water intrusion concerns as compared to the Riva 4" rear intake.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JR_PRO View Post
    I have a modified 08 RXPX and running a 3" Riva intake but want to go to a larger air intake...a little concerned about the Riva rear air intake and water intrusion when goofing around so is the next best thing the Fizzle 4" air intake? I have never seen one so just wondering if it may be better for possible water intrusion concerns as compared to the Riva 4" rear intake.

Thanks!
    No water intrusion worries at all because intake is in the front of the ski and connection to supercharger is sealed.

Thanks!
    i have run all 3 air intakes,riva with sleeve removed is good,4inch no filter is better,rear air is best of all.Water on the rear air could be a problem,i ride sea 100% so im careful,ive had no probs so far,but it easily beats the other two...but the other 2 are dryer and probably safer....

+1
    As long as you aren't out jumping your ski in the surf and doing tail stabs water ingestion won't be a problem with the rear air.

The rear air intake comes with a pre filter. Take that filter out the box and run it under your faucet. The water just rolls right off. It's going to be real hard for you to ingest water with normal riding.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    As long as you aren't out jumping your ski in the surf and doing tail stabs water ingestion won't be a problem with the rear air.

The rear air intake comes with a pre filter. Take that filter out the box and run it under your faucet. The water just rolls right off. It's going to be real hard for you to ingest water with normal riding.

Thanks for all the feedback...I ride on a Lake where it gets rough on the weekends but not jumping doing tail stands however what about doing failry aggressive spins leaning over pretty far and spinning around etc...do you think that would be of great concern or just the tail stands is a problem?

Thanks in Advance!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jr_pro View Post
    thanks for all the feedback...i ride on a lake where it gets rough on the weekends but not jumping doing tail stands however what about doing failry aggressive spins leaning over pretty far and spinning around etc...do you think that would be of great concern or just the tail stands is a problem?

Thanks in advance!!!
    i dont think it would be a problem,but remember while the red pre filter is water resistant,soon as you add the charger sucking in air at the rate they do the chance of water being gulped down is greater.im carefull and mindfull of this....i have checked my rear air every time ive used it and only found specks of water after rough sea rideing.....if its rough the spray gets everywhere......hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by MARK_LEGG View Post
    i dont think it would be a problem,but remember while the red pre filter is water resistant,soon as you add the charger sucking in air at the rate they do the chance of water being gulped down is greater.im carefull and mindfull of this....i have checked my rear air every time ive used it and only found specks of water after rough sea rideing.....if its rough the spray gets everywhere......hope that helps
    Thanks for the detailed description...I think I will go with the Fizzle 4" so I don't have to worry about it.

Thanks!

+1
    Thanks for the detailed description...I think I will go with the Fizzle 4" so I don't have to worry about it.

Thanks!
    Good choice!

I ran the 4"kanflex,in rough and calm conditions,and no problems whatsoever.

Place it as near as possible to the front air intake ,for best fresh airflow.
    And get rid of the front vent hose,this way you have the best possible setup for the fizzle 4"intake.

I just ordered a 4" fizzle intake, so as far as i understand, it doesnt come with the bracket to mount to anything, and its just gonna be loose in there.

I made a bracket from aluminum and use zip ties around the metal adapter that is inside the hose that mates the Kanaflex hose to the air filter.

Mine is homemade, but nearly the same as the fizzle kit. I took out the front stock plastic components and mounted air filter under glove box above gas tank. Keeps it high and dry.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information