Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2008 UP RXPX Owners.. How has Your Reliability Been?

I am thinking of buying a new Sea Doo RXPX as my first 4-Stroke ski. If you own one, please tell me how it's reliability has been. If you have had any trouble, please state it and engine HRS. I have owned 3 Yamahas in the past. Now skiless and SAD, I looked at the new FZR and FZS today, and they are BIG. I like the size of the RXPX. I guess it is the last true 2 seater....Thanks for your info.

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by stepjl View Post
    I am thinking of buying a new Sea Doo RXPX as my first 4-Stroke ski. If you own one, please tell me how it's reliability has been. If you have had any trouble, please state it and engine HRS. I have owned 3 Yamahas in the past. Now skiless and SAD, I looked at the new FZR and FZS today, and they are BIG. I like the size of the RXPX. I guess it is the last true 2 seater....Thanks for your info.
    I dont have one bur my friend does. He beats on her pretty good. Think around 20+ hours now and no problems. I know there are a ton of guys on here with some pretty hard hours on their X's.

+1
    I have about 40 hours on mine now and have had ZERO problems and have made the mods in my SIG. Knock on wood!

+1
    Good skis except for the, you guessed it, chargers. Had a slight touchdown on my X ski at around 8 hours, Seadoo put a new charger on it. Sold it recently with 62 hours on it with no problems since. Talked to the new owner recently and at 70ish hours he had the bearings explode off the shaft.

It is so hit or miss with these things. We have an 05 RXT with 175 hours, bone stock just metal washers put on at 100 hours. Never turns below 8100 RPM and ran 67 mph last weekend on GPS.

I loved my Doo, the X was the best ski I have ever had and best stock ski made (IMO), but I won't own another Seadoo until they adopt a new supercharger design.

i have an x boat great ski got it right when it came out into the dealerships early last year im at about 60 hours nothing but great success with it, i especially like the new black colors on the 09 models good luck on your new buy

+1
    I bought the RXPX as my first 4 stroke and have not been happier. Prior to the X, I have owned 3 GPRs, 2 Ultra 150s, and a few other turds that I would rather not mention. I still own a 1200r and a 1300r and would hate to think about getting rid of either.
    As for the X, I have 47 hours on it and other than a weird rattle that comes around 4K RPM, I have had no issues. I pulled the SC hoses and found no metal dust so I have not looked back. This rattle started around the time I put the R&D grate on so I assume this is the issue; never removed it to see for sure.
    Other than the 4" air intake, I have done the basic mods and the ski still feels solid as the day I bought it.
    Ride one and you will see what lead me to the ski. Buy the extended warranty and enjoy the ski. I personally have NOTHING bad to say about the ski.

Kirk this was an issue back in 2004 and possibly 2005. Lots of people noted the rattle at 4000-5000 RPM. My 2004 RXP does it. The rattle is nothing to worry about. My ski has been doing it for 5 years now and no problems have come of it.

I also have owned a 2001 GPR, and a 2008 GPR... both stock. What will I love about this RXPX ski over the two last Yamahas I had?

What do you meen by"touch down?"

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stepjl View Post
    I also have owned a 2001 GPR, and a 2008 GPR... both stock. What will I love about this RXPX ski over the two last Yamahas I had?
    X ski is the fastest accelerating ski you can buy. Hull design and a fantastic pump allow it to pull insane lateral forces while turning. It can be skittish in rough water, but in smoothish water you can do a full lock turn at near topspeed and it's all you can do to hold on to it, it just plants and rails and suffers very little power drop because of the pump and torque of the motor. Nothing I've ever been on comes close in this respect. Other "comparable" skis roll alot in the turns, pumps cavitate, or suffer power loss in the turns. The X ski is just unmatched in this respect and in acceleration.

Touchdown is when the supercharger wheel makes contact with the supercharger housing.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information