Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Nedo69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wollongong, Australia
    Posts
    67

    Are #42's too rich??

    Hi guys,
    Just got all the mods sorted as per sig, incl Green charger, fizzle IC and 42 inj from an X. Running it off the hose just checking for leaks I couldnt help but notice how rich it was running. Every press of the throttle was making a noticeable amount of black smoke from the exhaust. I was only revving up to about 5000 - 5500 RPM and it was revving crisp and clean but did idle a bit rough.
    I have read on many posts that the 42's are the proven injectors to run on such a set up, so I am assuming once in the water and with WOT runs it should be good.
    Is it normal just at low RPM that it will run so rich or may I have another issue??

    Thanks
    Ned


  2. #2
    GTXX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    NW, GA
    Posts
    1,776
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedo69 View Post
    Hi guys,
    Just got all the mods sorted as per sig, incl Green charger, fizzle IC and 42 inj from an X. Running it off the hose just checking for leaks I couldnt help but notice how rich it was running. Every press of the throttle was making a noticeable amount of black smoke from the exhaust. I was only revving up to about 5000 - 5500 RPM and it was revving crisp and clean but did idle a bit rough.
    I have read on many posts that the 42's are the proven injectors to run on such a set up, so I am assuming once in the water and with WOT runs it should be good.
    Is it normal just at low RPM that it will run so rich or may I have another issue??

    Thanks
    Ned
    the 42's are too rich at low rpm but good at higher rpm. IMO you will need to change the oil every 25 hours or so because some of extra low rpm fuel ends up there....

  3. #3
    richrxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    949
    +1
    1
    You might consider a rrfpr,then your running ok at low and high rpm's

  4. #4
    Doel Tiburon1264's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    2,343
    +1
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by richrxp View Post
    You might consider a rrfpr,then your running ok at low and high rpm's
    +1 and get some1 to set your AFR and you be goood.

  5. #5
    Richieb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia.
    Posts
    1,001
    Better to set the AFR to make sure all is good. If the mixture is too rich it will hold the ski back for you... if the other way... which I doubt... POP..!!

    Running too rich a mixture will give rise to bore-wash. This is when excess fuel washes the cylinder bores with fuel, displacing/diluting the oil. The lubrication can start to fail on the liners/piston interface.

    Plus like it has been said, the fuel is absorbed into the rest of the lubrication system(oil), and it looses its properties to protect the bearing surfaces as well.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Aurora Ontario Canada
    Posts
    360
    +1
    6
    Mine runs perfectly crisp with

    XS IC
    Greenwheel
    42lb injectors

  7. #7
    richrxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    949
    +1
    1
    I think the best thing for you is installing a afr gauge.

    Have to weld it to the j-pipe.

    Best ratio is around 12-1 .(air-fuel)

    Otherwise you have no clue wat you'r doing.

  8. #8
    Swedish Viking Craigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,367
    +1
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by turbojamie View Post
    Mine runs perfectly crisp with

    XS IC
    Greenwheel
    42lb injectors
    Mine runs perfectly cripsy too with

    XS IC
    R&D C3 Monster Wheel
    42lb injectors
    Solas 15/20

  9. #9
    home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    port st lucie fl
    Posts
    3,471
    very similar to mine ...all is well...so far...

    there is rich and then rich ... a little rich is just safe...way rich will contaminate your oil ..i change my oil every 25 hours anyway .give or take a ride or two

  10. #10
    Nedo69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wollongong, Australia
    Posts
    67
    Thanks guys,
    I put the 38's back in and it seams to run just as rich. Maybe its just me as I dont often pay too much attention when I run it out of the water.

    Anyway AFR gauge should tell me.
    Heres a quick vid of how it sounds. Sorry bout the sound goin fuzzy,maybe I should have filmed it outside the garage

    Thanks again for all the help, advice and honest dealings from many guys on this forum.


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 97 GTX running too rich
    By chrisrlm in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-03-2009, 02:55 PM
  2. SLT750 Extended Pump Install - Are My Bolts Too Long??
    By way2much2do in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-22-2009, 05:37 PM
  3. Too Rich???
    By 04RXP22 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-08-2009, 12:07 PM
  4. 05 RXP too lean or too rich
    By inteljd in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-17-2008, 09:58 PM
  5. Too rich for my blood but someone may need this
    By TX21 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-28-2007, 10:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •