For those of you that have decided to attend this ride we will have a blast. This is just some general info and things and whats going to be expected.

1) The ride will take place Sunday, August 27, 2006. We will be meeting at the ramp @ 11 am and leaving the ramp by 11:30 am.

2) The ramp is a public ramp and is free of charge. The ramp is located at the base of the Tybee Island Bridge about 1 mile past the Ft. Pulaski entrance on Hwy 80. Plenty of parking on the old pier rd. at the ramp. **This is the same pier that Forrest Gump crashed the shrimp boat into in the movie**

3) At the moment the current count is about 12 people signed up I believe. If you know of anyone else that might want to attend, by all means invite them!!!

4) According to my GPS mapping software it will be approx. 18 miles each way. Bring an extra gas can worth of fuel, if we have time we may run back up the Savannah River to River Street. Only you know what your ski will do mileage wise, but I know I will need more fuel after we run to Hilton Head and back.

5) The Savannah/Chatham Marine patrol WILL be out doing safety check, so make sure you have everythign you need..(PFD, Registration, Fire Extinguisher, whistle/horn, etc.)

6) I am unsure of where we can refuel on the water other than the marina @ Bull River which is a 15 minute ride up a different river. So it may be a trailer refuel at the ramp with gas cans.

If you got any question PM me or e-mail me at

See all of you next Sunday,