08-18-2006, 04:12 AM #1
Savannah to Hilton Head River Run Info.
For those of you that have decided to attend this ride we will have a blast. This is just some general info and things and whats going to be expected.
1) The ride will take place Sunday, August 27, 2006. We will be meeting at the ramp @ 11 am and leaving the ramp by 11:30 am.
2) The ramp is a public ramp and is free of charge. The ramp is located at the base of the Tybee Island Bridge about 1 mile past the Ft. Pulaski entrance on Hwy 80. Plenty of parking on the old pier rd. at the ramp. **This is the same pier that Forrest Gump crashed the shrimp boat into in the movie**
3) At the moment the current count is about 12 people signed up I believe. If you know of anyone else that might want to attend, by all means invite them!!!
4) According to my GPS mapping software it will be approx. 18 miles each way. Bring an extra gas can worth of fuel, if we have time we may run back up the Savannah River to River Street. Only you know what your ski will do mileage wise, but I know I will need more fuel after we run to Hilton Head and back.
5) The Savannah/Chatham Marine patrol WILL be out doing safety check, so make sure you have everythign you need..(PFD, Registration, Fire Extinguisher, whistle/horn, etc.)
6) I am unsure of where we can refuel on the water other than the marina @ Bull River which is a 15 minute ride up a different river. So it may be a trailer refuel at the ramp with gas cans.
If you got any question PM me or e-mail me at email@example.com
See all of you next Sunday,
08-28-2006, 11:30 AM #2
More pics to come when I get eht camera developed. I saw some other cameras out there too, post the pics when you get them!
For those that made it, I had a blast adn it was good to put some faces with names on some of you and finally ride with a couple of you too.
Thanks for making this a successful ride. WE WILL DEFINATELY DO IT AGAIN!!
08-28-2006, 11:52 AM #3
08-28-2006, 12:12 PM #4
The ride was fun! Of course it took some of the "seasoned Professionals" to get the kids ready to ride. Tim was wrenching up to the last minute!
08-28-2006, 12:59 PM #5
Those old people! I swear! But I must say they do come prepared, big props to Bill for the plugs at the last minute. There really is nothign liek working on a ski in teh Wendy's parking lot waiting on everyoen to arrive.
08-28-2006, 03:33 PM #6
It was good to meet everyone and I had a blast !!!!! Fealing it today though.
08-28-2006, 05:11 PM #7
Your welcome jackass,
I had a blast, but the driving sucked, hahahaha. Work was rough this morning, I didn't think I was going to make it after all that jumping. Glad to finally have met Bill and his bud, the 2 RXP guys (sorry I can't remember your names, but don't call me SIR dammit), To the couple on the ski had a good time chatting with you, hope to see you crazy ****ers again.
Tim thanks for sitting it up, but how about finding us some flat water. Although I did enjoy spanking that gpr's ass with my little old 98xpl, hahahahaha. Your ski definately just needs some fine tuning and probably a 14/20 prop. But before you do that, you might want to get you a tachometer and watch your rpms on take off and on top end. Need that info to determine if that prop just needs to be pitched a little or a lot. From what I heard taking off, it needs more prop on the bottom. The acceleration felt great, top end was good as well. Definately need to work on that porpoising. Bring her back up to Charleston on a Saturday and we'll mess with is some more. Glad to have fixed most of the kinks though, Mikey's always here, hahahaha.
06-27-2007, 05:18 PM #8
- Join Date
- Jun 2007
- Hilton Head Isand, SC
Anyone have plans for another ride?
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By big83bronco in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)Replies: 25Last Post: 10-14-2013, 07:32 PM
By SeaDoob in forum SoutheastReplies: 5Last Post: 10-06-2011, 07:37 PM
By mikelentini in forum SouthwestReplies: 5Last Post: 06-01-2007, 10:29 PM
By meirvin in forum Videos & PicturesReplies: 8Last Post: 09-21-2006, 05:08 PM
By big83bronco in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)Replies: 0Last Post: 08-18-2006, 04:08 AM