RXP C5 Monster Charger

I have a stage 1 RXP and I am considering putting on the following parts

Shorty water box
    Rear Exhaust
    OPAS block off
    Riva power cooler
    R&D C5 monster charger
    and 48lbs injectors

Can i run this setup with a stock ecu? get 42lbs injectors? what other parts would you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by sikes101 View Post

Shorty water box
    Rear Exhaust
    OPAS block off
    Riva power cooler
    R&D C5 monster charger
    and 48lbs injectors

Can i run this setup with a stock ecu? get 42lbs injectors? what other parts would you recommend?

I dont know anything about that particular SC.. but you can run up to 11psi or so on a stock ecu with 42# injectors and an RRFPR.

48s are good for up to 14psi or so on a stock ecu but at that point you will need to pull out fuel at idle and will have to go to a dual FPR setup.

I hope this helps...

Thanks just the advice I needed, the charger kit runs about 11psi at 8000rpm and 13 at 8500, I live on an island so even with the stage one my RPM is only about 7900 tops. With this setup a RRFPR is a good idea?

What are you trying to do? In other words- whats your goal?

IMO the best stock ecu setup in terms of price, performance and reliability is as follows:

4" intake, oem Rxp-x SC, XS intercooler, 15/20 prop, Riva exhaust, Riva grate and wedge, RE OPAS Block offs, 42# injectors, RRFPR, stock engine and ECU, rideplate holes filled.

We did this setup on my significant other's ski. Shes running a solid 76mph and the ski has plenty of acceleration. We did the build for around 1500 bucks give-or-take. the ski was already stage one when I bought it so.. 1500 beyond that, that is. The ski is probably making around 9psi.

Thanks just the advice I needed, the charger kit runs about 11psi at 8000rpm and 13 at 8500, I live on an island so even with the stage one my RPM is only about 7900 tops. With this setup a RRFPR is a good idea?

that sounds similar to rude1. I ran 78.4 with a similar setup (11psi).

I built my rrfpr myself. You can PM me and I will give you all the details on it. An rrfpr is a MUST.

I just want a good, fast setup out of the ski... and im bored and want something to work on :P

I will give you a PM then cause I dont know much about RRFPR

Did you buy the SC yet? An X charger is a good inexpensive way to make power and its upgradable! Just something to think about.

The rrfpr (rising-rate fuel pressure regulator) is a must. Ill be glad to help you with it. Just PM me when youre ready.

Havent purchased anything yet and PM sent

Shorty water box
    Rear Exhaust
    OPAS block off
    Riva power cooler
    R&D C5 monster charger
    and 48lbs injectors

You may want to consider the X-Charger, it will perform the same as the C5 except you will have all the 08 SC internals and cost just a little more that the C5. Don't get me wrong, I ran the C5 last summer and loved it. But add the cost of the metal washers and a rebuild kit. The X-charger is a no brainer. Also if you decide to upgrade later you can get the mini rude kit. If cost is an issue, take a look at the Fizzle IC kit also. It's performs very well and the cost is much lower. I agree with the 42s and RRFPR. Set base fuel pressure to 60psi to start with. You will also need a 15/20 impeller. This will put you speed in the upper 70s. IMO this is a great combination.

Yes. I didnt see that either the first time around. Buy an XS intercooler. Save a TON of money.

Like I said, the ski was stage1 when I bought it and the additional parts I posted above cost about $1500 give-or-take and we are running a strong 76 mph on that ski with a stock rideplate.
    That setup will NOT disappoint you. And as we both said- you can upgrade to either the mini-rude or the ET-137 from engine-tech. If you go that route, you can keep the 42lb injectors- just repitch your prop and then dial in your fuel again and youre good-to-go.
    The mini-rude will require 48s and at that point you may have to go with a dual regulator setup or your idle may be rough. *This is on a stock ecu that is.

Add a rideplate mod to the above setup and youll pick up another 1-1.5mph but you will lose your handling in the chop.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information