Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Arrow polaris 650 sl triple

what is fuel prob i keep hering about ? how do ufix it ?
    how much more power would i get if i port and polished it.......?
    any kind of exhaust pipe that could fit this ski that anybody knows of ? ? ?

after i rebuild the carbs do i have to dial in them if i dont play with the screws or jets.......? ? ?

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jk0420 View Post
    what is fuel prob i keep hering about ? how do ufix it ?
    how much more power would i get if i port and polished it.......?
    any kind of exhaust pipe that could fit this ski that anybody knows of ? ? ?

after i rebuild the carbs do i have to dial in them if i dont play with the screws or jets.......? ? ?
    Welcome to the Hulk.

Weak fuel system due to age. Solve it by replacing/upgrading it. Lots of info on here if you just look.

Waste of $$ to port and polish a 650. Get this instead. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/polaris-750-cylinders-head-lot-of-3-stock-sl-slt_W0QQitemZ300348267696QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPerson al_Watercraft_Parts?hash=item45ee26dcb0&_trksid=p4 506.c0.m245

Not a whole lot available for exhaust systems. Depending on what year ski you have, you may want o try a dry pipe exhaust. PSI made some back in the day, and a 92 or 93 Polaris used a dry pipe also. Then there's triple pipes, but are expensive, and need alot more $$$ and engine mods to get the full benefit.

To properly rebuild the carbs, you need to remove the adj screws to replace the O rings. So, just coun the number of turns IN and record them for each cyl. They will all be different, and you can return after the job is done.

Arrow sl 650 triple

My ski is a 1992 sl 650 triple .......
    So what kind of pipe can i put on that and do u now were i could find it........? ? ?

When u say dry pipe what do u mean by that ? Because there is water going through it and out the back on that spit hose......?

And if i rebuild the carbs do i need to get new jets or is just the reg kit fine.........?

I still cant find anything abought the fuel prob im new to this web page so maybe i dont now were to look...... My bad.......

Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    +1
    My ski is a 1992 sl 650 triple .......
    So what kind of pipe can i put on that and do u now were i could find it........? ? ? You have the best pipe for your ski. I have the same pipe for a 780.

When u say dry pipe what do u mean by that ? Because there is water going through it and out the back on that spit hose......? The wet pipes spray water into the exhaust stream to cool the gases. The dry pipe (you have) does not spray water into the chamber to cool the gases. It does inject water at the stinger (outlet of pipe) to cool the gases.

And if i rebuild the carbs do i need to get new jets or is just the reg kit fine.........? The jets you have will be fine. a good deal on the kits you need can be found here... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Polar...=p4506.c0.m245

I still cant find anything abought the fuel prob im new to this web page so maybe i dont now were to look...... My bad.......

The fuel problems start with the old original grey fuel lines. They break down internally, and form a geen goo that will clog fuel filters, and the internal strainers in the carbs. Replace all of the fuel lines, including the ones in the tank, rebuild/clean the carbs. Take the fuel shut off valve apart and clean/ blow through it. Replace the o-ring on the valve shaft, and re-assemble after lubing the shaft and o-ring.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM3462.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	150779   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM3463.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	150780  

click on Search, click Advanced Search, select Polaris forums, then type in keyword "fuel" you will get tons of results. then do a keyword search on sl650 same thing lots of info.

I spent a few weeks reading up on issues related to my ski before I even registered...there is a TON of info here, you just have to take the time to look.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    what is fuel prob i keep hearing about ?
    how do u fix it ?...
    Click below
    Polaris Fuji (blue) engine

so should i just keep the stock pipe ? ? ?

or is there something better that would fit my ski ? ? ?

Arrow polaris 650 sl

so i took my ski out the other day and i had to pull the choke few times to keep it runing and then it finelly took of..... is this maybe the start of the fule problems that u guys were talking abought ? ? ? ?

and when i was doing some 180's i could here a rattiling sound from the pump area ....... when i first got the ski and started it up i could here this sound when just lightly on the gas just above id....... anybody have any idea what this could be......? ? ? ?

on the fuel issue having to pull the choke that means your engine is running lean...you should read up a bit as has been said there is a TON of info about this on the site.

the other noise might be the drive shaft rattling around...have you applied grease to the 2 needle zerk fittings on the coupler and thruu hull bearing?

As far as fuel issues follow link in blue on K447 post its all there.
    CARB's I just tore my carb's down and "CLEANED" them inspect and replace as nessesary if your careful you can save gaskets my snowmobile carb's get done every year like this before season to insure they are "clean". Nate

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information