Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

winterize question, fogging etc

I bought my 08 250X back in May of this year, it was new. I probably am not going to be able to get out anymore this year since my work is real busy, working lots of weekends plus bow season starts soon when I do have spare time it will be in the woods.

My qustions are, what is the easy way to fog the SC and how much do I spray. Can a hole be put somewhere and taped over afterward for getting the fog oil in easy? If so where and how to get the hole for that or just remove the hose clamps and if so where is the easiest place you guys use. How much and how do you fog one of these things. Also where else do I fog? What about any left over water in the engine? I know if I start it and run it a few seconds and rev slightly it purges water, I do that after each ride a couple of times but is that enough for winter.

How about oil, should that be changed prior and the SC fluid? Does that need to be removed? Our coldest days are probably in the 20's and that is not many or for long. I have the factory service manual, a Moller oil vac and am pretty good with engines, mostly motorcycles though. Just want to make sure its done like you guys that have done it and know your ski's and it's ok when spring gets here again with no damage due to something I did not do or do correct.

I do have a battery tender and keep it on it all the time but plan to pull the battery inside where its warm and keep it on the tender.

Any tips or advice would be appreciated, don't want to pay the stealership for something I can do and know its done.

thanks to all that can help, Mike

Fill the tank w gas and put some stabilizer in it. Run the ski for a few to get the treated gas in all the lines. Pull the bat an put it on a tender. Pull the hose from SC to IC...stick a lil straw into the SC hole and give a squirt or two...crank engine just to turn the SC and squirt again. Pull plugs and clean...shoot a lil fog oil in the cylinder...reinstall. Wash, was\x, armorall everything. Spray some WD type lube all over engine and metal parts. Put trailer wheels on some wood. Maybe a lil rat or bug poision in hull to kepp them from nesting..

Spin,

This hose that runs from the supercharger to the intercooler that you pop off, what is the purpose of this hose? Seems like a good way to fog, i'd just like to learn about this hose before I just spray some fogging oil in it.

Thanks!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mack77 View Post
    Spin,

This hose that runs from the supercharger to the intercooler that you pop off, what is the purpose of this hose? Thanks!
    He is talking about the big hose that directs the air from the supercharger through to the intercooler.

Disconnect that at the top of the supercharger. You can then get better fogging on the supercharge fins.

See this video to explain the air flow.

[/URL]

How do the dealer's fog the supercharger? I really don't want to drill into mine. I'm sure the dealers have a trick up their sleeves that does not involve drilling into the airbox?

This is how I do mines after every ride
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SC lube mod.JPG 
Views:	119 
Size:	689.4 KB 
ID:	153714  

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by hilomikey View Post
    Did u recalibrate the ECU too allow for the improved air flow the supercharger is now getting threw the straw

Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    Did u recalibrate the ECU too allow for the improved air flow the supercharger is now getting threw the straw
    ummm no! Sir break go break something else!!

Must be getting close to WF people getting giddy!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hilomikey View Post
    That is what I did. I know it is a bit of a compromise, but it is better than nothing.

Now my problem. I dropped the red straw and it disappeared into neverland.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information